Forum

All other audio is distorted when TS3 is running

Updated to 3.1 today and still having issue. All settings reset to default.

Running on windows 10 with a turtlebeach z60 USB headset.

This issue started a couple days ago. Whenever TS3 is open, all system sounds, game sounds, anything other than TS3 is garbled, crackling, and distorted. TS3 is fine however. I can talk to people clearly and they can hear me clearly. I've tried unplugging the usb and plugging it into a different port and uninstalling and reinstalling TS3. The only thing that has seemed to work temporarily was to change the audio output within TS3, and then change it back. This worked until TS3 was closed and then started again.

The issue starts as soon as TS3 is opened, and it goes away as soon as TS3 is closed.

Some questions I have. Is the issue Teamspeak not saving your settings? Are you using any plugins? Volume control, positional audio? Did you setup your PC settings via audio devices to use bydefault the z60?

I have heard of people having issues with the z60 on windows 10.

I've had Windows 10 since it was in preview before launch, and haven't had any issues before now.

Issues started after TS3 updated. I have uninstalled and reinstalled latest version. It is saving settings.

To clarify my statement earlier, when I change the TS3 output from the Turtlebeach communication output to the Turtlebeach game-audio channel, everything sounds fine, but communication audio is on same channel as game audio. But if I try to have TS3 on the communication channel like I have for years it causes the game-audio channel (my system default audio channel) to be distorted.

Try reverting back to the stable version of TeamSpeak. Also I've never used Turtlebeach not sure whether or not software is provided if so try not using it and vice versa if you aren't. But if Turtlebeach has two channels for "playback" in your PC just use one.

Edit: Not Resolved

So, for whatever reason, the in the Windows Playback settings, and then the communication path which was set to the Turtle Beach Z60 Chat audio, the default format audio quality was set to 2 channel, 16 bit, 16000 Hz. I changed this to the one that says 2 channel, 16 bit, 16000 Hz (tape recorder quality) and then the other option went away, and so did the problem. It's weird that I never had an issue with the chat audio itself, only the game audio whenever teamspeak was open and using the chat audio.

Edit: This worked one time, but the next time that I started teamspeak the same issue came back, and I couldn't repeat the same changes because only one option existed for the sound quality settings on the chat audio channel.
    Last edited by EvoSpyder; August 20th, 2016 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Problem came back

Quote Originally Posted by Randinator View Post
    Try reverting back to the stable version of TeamSpeak. Also I've never used Turtlebeach not sure whether or not software is provided if so try not using it and vice versa if you aren't. But if Turtlebeach has two channels for "playback" in your PC just use one.
    Turtle Beach Z60 uses the Generic USB audio driver from Microsoft. It has two channels, one for game audio that has 6 speakers to provide surround sound, and then a separate chat channel with 2 speakers.

Thread Information