Forum

Make it so people with their soundpacks enabled can hear other's sounds that don't.

If client A has his soundpack enabled so he can has all of the "User joined your channel", "Channel changed" etc etc and client B has his soundpack disabled and joins client A's channel, client A does not recive a "User joined you channel", nor does he get a "User left/was moved from your channel.

This "feature" is in my opinion really odd, as someone who has their soundpack activated WANTS to hear all the various notifications.

I'm one of those people who wants to hear notifications and this "feature" became very apparent when i was alone in a teamspeak channel and over the course of ~30 minutes i heard one, ONE "User joined your channel", but when i opened up the teamspeak window to poke someone there were well over 15 people in that once empty channel. It turned out only i and one more guy had his soundpack activated.

Can someone please atleast explain why this is and IF possible remove this "Feature" and make it so people with activated soundpacks can still hear other clients's "Presence Sounds".

What you describe here is no feature that does exist in our client.
    It's impossible that your client or other clients do know if a soundpack is enabled or not. Because this informationwill not be send to the server.

The only way to disable some unimportant sounds while the sound pack is enabled is to mute your speakers.
    Or the whole thing isn't happening in your own channel.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    What you describe here is no feature that does exist in our client.
    It's impossible that your client or other clients do know if a soundpack is enabled or not. Because this informationwill not be send to the server.
    Oh, i know this information because i asked them, it's not a public Teamspeak.

IGNORE MY POST PLEASE!

I realised something was wrong with my sound mixer or something so i didn't hear certain sounds.
    I fixed it now... :p

Oh, and sorry Dante, i thought you had misunderstood my question/suggestion. I now realise I was incorrect...

Thread Information