Forum

User 'tags', like Server Groups, but without the permissions part.

We host a growing community, and are expanding rapidly, but we lack a feature to organize our members. The whole idea of our community is for people to find other people to play with.

For Counter Strike we have set up a few dummy server groups that corresponds to the ingame multiplayer ranks in Counter Strike. People can assign themselves to these groups to show their skill rating, and look for people around their own skill. This works pretty well, except when we expand this to more and more games, the server groups get cluttered up really fast. We are looking for a way to assign themselves to such a predefined 'tag', without cluttering up the server groups dialog, as permissions aren't used for these 'tags' anyway.

Say we have two games (tags): Counter Strike and League of Legends. Each games have 10 skill ranks (sub tags). A member first selects his own tag (Counter Strike), and gets to choose a sub tag (Silver Elite Master).

This shouldn't be all to hard to implement, as it doesn't need any permissions (except for the initial creation of the tag), and would seriously benefit larger Teamspeak servers.

customInfo + customSearch ?

Quote Originally Posted by VJean View Post
    customInfo + customSearch ?
    I've looked at it, but we don't want our members to join the server via a website (I understand that's the only way to implement customInfo, correct me if I'm wrong), we want to keep our community as approachable as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Aztek1911 View Post
    I've looked at it, but we don't want our members to join the server via a website (I understand that's the only way to implement customInfo, correct me if I'm wrong)
    This is correct. Also, custominfo is not visible anywhere.

Thread Information