Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Skin template unable to find css file

Hi guys,

after one of the latest updates, the templates for the channels/clients/server are unable to load the included css file.
    It's probably because the themes are now installed in the users profile directory.

From update notes:
    "+ Addons now install into user directory by default, where no UAC is required
    unless using a portable installation."

At the moment I'm using this line to include the css:
    @import url('Styles/BuG/style.css');
    But what should it be now?

Exclamation

Also using this kind of url what helped with the images doesn't work:
    @import url('styles:BuG/style.css');

I'm not 100% sure what you are talking about, but i think your styles are not laoded or moved to the config folder.
    I can reproduce that with my own theme. The client loads the theme, but does not move it to the desired config folder.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    I'm not 100% sure what you are talking about, but i think your styles are not laoded or moved to the config folder.
    I can reproduce that with my own theme. The client loads the theme, but does not move it to the desired config folder.
    Apparently (because I personally never made use of it aka I didn't knew you could do that) you were able to refer to an external css file from within the xinfo.tpl files, which allowed you to have one central style declaration, instead of having css style information in every single .tpl file.

It looks like this stopped working with Beta 3.1, which is honestly a pity because this seems like a nice way to get rid of redundancies (+ less work), and potential error sources.

Do you have an example theme for this situation?
    The mentoined Bug theme does not seem to do that.

What i was talking about has something to do with our process (move custom addons to config), nothing from user or style.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Do you have an example theme for this situation?
    The mentioned Bug theme does not seem to do that.

What i was talking about has something to do with our process (move custom addons to config), nothing from user or style.
    I had another look at the problem fonta has.

This is how BuG 1.3 (using import) looks in 3.0.19.4: https://i.sli.mg/ncAHaJ.png
    This is how BuG 1.3 looks in 3.1: https://i.sli.mg/ocFaz5.png (ignoring the reference to style.css, thus missing the formatting)

BuG 1.3 vs Bug 1.5 xinfo.tpl on the example of channelinfo.tpl.

It might be less of a problem of the file location, but rather how TeamSpeak 3.1 handles certain things compared to 3.0.19.4, but I don't have enough knowledge about this subject, so this is just a wild guess.

Is version 1.3 still availabe for download anywhere?
    I only can test with 1.5 (which has no such path included) and works from all dirs and looks identical.
    https://i.sli.mg/0VuuiT.png

I'm really interested to get this solved in the theme or in client itself.
    I can imagine that you can fix it on your own by removing Styles out of the path.
    Could be that this becomes a problem wit hthe config folder stored in appdata or in programs folder.

Is version 1.3 still availabe for download anywhere?
    I only can test with 1.5 (which has no such path included) and works from all dirs and looks identical.
    https://i.sli.mg/0VuuiT.png

I'm really interested to get this solved in the theme or in client itself.
    I can imagine that you can fix it on your own by removing Styles out of the path.
    Could be that this becomes a problem wit hthe config folder stored in appdata or in programs folder.
    Edit: PN sent.

Edit 2: I made a clean manual install and 1.3 seems to be working as expected in TS 3.1: https://i.sli.mg/kOTA35.png. An automatic install results in this: https://i.sli.mg/GkRxZS.png. For some reason the Teamspeak installer installs the theme into the install directory, and not into appdata.

I guess TeamSpeak 3.1 still detects themes in the installation folder, displays the skins (including xinfo.tpl) correctly, but fails at "@import url('Styles/BuG/style.css');", because "styles" already links to the appdata styles folder? That doesn't really seem to make sense, but I have no other explanation for this. Maybe you can make sense out of it.

Sorry about the confusion.

Edit 3: I always assumed that, with the 3.1 update, the TeamSpeak addon installer would automatically install addons into appdata, and just display the TeamSpeak 3 installation path to prevent potential confusion for people, or just an oversight in displaying the wrong path in the installer. I think that might be the problem.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	juavxD.png 
Views:	133 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	14305
    Last edited by Brady_The; September 15th, 2016 at 08:53 PM.

Tnx, i will test it and see if we can do something, when I'm back at the office tomorrow.

The gfx and style folder should be extracted in clients config path/folder with the package installer and not into the root of the client. Hmm
    Last edited by dante696; September 15th, 2016 at 08:15 PM.

Unless the heat last week caused some memory corruption on me, the 3.1 package installer shouldn't have that install location line edit at all anymore. Any chance a parallel install would trigger a package installer from the stable channel?

The wrong installer is definitely started on the example picture.

Can you confirm this: make a right click on the style package > Open with > Disable always open with > Now go into client 3.1's path > Open the package installer
    ( could be that drag and drop of the style on the package installer does the same)

//Edit
    Hi thorwe *Waves*

Sorry for the late reply, been kind busy lately.
    The problem as far as I can see is that the theme files get put into the user's profile dir like: C:\Users\Fonta\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\styles
    If you include an external .css file in your tpl file using:
    HTML Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    	@import url('Styles/BuG/style.css');
    </style>
    the client won't be able to locate the css file and won't import it.
    That's why I just put all of the css in every single tpl file in 1.5 as a workaround.

In the attachments is the old v1.3.

I'll try and test if above suggestion will put the files in C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\styles where the client is able to locate the .css file.

Funny thing is, using the following in the qss file does make images show up:
    image: url(styles/BuG/images/tree-collapse-normal.png);
    So in this case, the client is able to find the .png file and show it.

It just looks like .png are allowed and .css files are ignored when used from the .tpl files or something like this.

EDIT::
    Using the suggestion above I opened the .style file with package_inst.exe from c:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client.
    The installer: http://i.imgur.com/z0wpnb8.png
    The contents of c:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\styles after installation of the theme: http://i.imgur.com/6T7HjlM.png
    But the files were placed in C:\Users\Fonta\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\styles: http://i.imgur.com/JdProQk.png
    Attached Files Attached Files

The wrong installer is definitely started on the example picture.

Can you confirm this: make a right click on the style package > Open with > Disable always open with > Now go into client 3.1's path > Open the package installer
    ( could be that drag and drop of the style on the package installer does the same)

//Edit
    Hi thorwe *Waves*
    Double clicking .ts3_style = Path + Installation in Install folder
    Dragging and dropping .ts3_style on package_inst.exe = No path + Installation in appdata

Funnily enough I do have a parallel installation setup. Even though I explicitly changed the default "Open with" of .ts3_style to the package_inst in the 3.1 TeamSpeak installation folder I guess that is the problem.

Edit: I got rid of the second installation and the related regedit keys, and now it displays the correct installer. My bad. Now it doesn't show the correct style, though, any more. I guess that's another possible side effect of the parallel installation. I think I'll stop at this point. I created enough carnage already. Sorry, guys.
    Last edited by Brady_The; September 15th, 2016 at 09:24 PM.

Over here it doesn't matter if I double click the .style file, use "open with" or drag and drop the file on the installer.
    The file are placed in "C:\Users\Fonta\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\styl es".
    As you can see in my previous post, the installer doesn't show the path.
    Also I don't have a parallel installation setup.

Oh, we'll still have to look into the css import for tpl files, sure. Just aimed at clearing up that install location issue.

Location looks fine in the screenshots. Addons bundled with client are in the "old" location for them being per ts installation (per machine), all other addons are considered per user. The motivation for the change though is rather enabling less obstructive installation and updating with sync and the upcoming addon management.

Thread Information