Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Permissions of channels created by server group can't be edited.

Hello, i have a problem with permission system.

There are 2 server groups:
    Server Admin
    Corporation CEO

Corporation CEO group was created by copying Server Admin group. The idea is that Server Admin have all rights on server as it must be and Corporation CEO have admin rights but only on channels and giving Guest users server groups for access channels that a closed to Guests.

What i want to do:
    I need members of Corporation CEO to create their channels and can edit it permissions, type of channel, modify it, delete it.
    Members of Corporation CEO should not modify, change channel type and delete channels created by members of Server Admin group.

When members of Server admin creates channel it should have permissions modify power and delete power equal to 75 and when members of Corporation CEO creates channel it should have permissions moodify power and delete power euqal to 50.

I tried to config it by myself, partially it works, partially not.

What doestn't work:
    Members of Corporation CEO can't edit permissions on channels created by themself (but can change other options and delete own channels)
    Channels created by members of both groups doesn't have permission modify power (75 and 50 accordingly)

I ask you to help me, cause i really don't see where is the problem in my permissions config.
    Permissions for both group are in attachment.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The big problem here is, both groups have b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions 1 enabled and just will ignore most permissions comming from a channel.

You need to remove it from the CEO group and set the SKIP flag instead on the permissions (excludes i_channel_modify_power, i_channel_needed_modify_power, i_channel_delete_power).
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thank you for your fast reply.

Wow, how could I miss it. I'll try it on my TS server after work.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    The big problem here is, both groups have b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions 1 enabled and just will ignore most permissions comming from a channel.

You need to remove it from the CEO group and set the SKIP flag instead on the permissions (excludes i_channel_modify_power, i_channel_needed_modify_power, i_channel_delete_power).
    Looks like i did something wrong. I set b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions 0 for group CEO.
    i_channel_modify_power 50 50
    i_channel_needed_bodify_power 50 50
    i_channel_delete_power 50 50

set SKIP flag for other, but members of CEO server group still can't modify permissions on channels created by themself.

Still didn't unsderstand what i'm doing wrong...

The current reason why the CEO group can edit all channel:
    Your CEO group has 50 modify power for channels and only needs 50 everywhere with that setup.
    Remove i_channel_needed_modify_power from all groups. (Do not remove Grant from your Server Admin! Or else you can not modify that permission anymore.)

And for the future: only set i_channel_needed_xxxxx permissions into a channel and not into any group or user permission.
    Setting a channel permission like i_channel_needed_modify_power into a group should only be done if it is really needed.

About the permission add thing:
    Do they get an error?
    I need to read the permission overview again, i'm not sure if grant and permission modify power was right or set at all.

//Edit the CEO group should be able to edit their own or created from lower groups Rooms permissions.
    Channel Custom Office has i_channel_needed_permission_modify_power of 75.
    They are not allowed to set permissions here. The CEO group only has i_channel_needed_permission_modify_power of 50.
    Last edited by dante696; September 14th, 2016 at 03:42 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

About the permission add thing:
    Do they get an error?
    Yes, they are.

I need to read the permission overview again, i'm not sure if grant and permission modify power was right or set at all.

//Edit the CEO group should be able to edit their own or created from lower groups Rooms permissions.
    Channel Custom Office has i_channel_needed_permission_modify_power of 75.
    They are not allowed to set permissions here. The CEO group only has i_channel_needed_permission_modify_power of 50.
    Channel Custom Office was created by Server Admin group. Looks like i did wrong permission overview.

Overview in attachement was done when user from server group CEO create channel "ceo" and tries to modify this channel permissions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just figured out this problem. All seems to be fine now.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/7...509#post425509
    This thread and post #22 especially helped me a lot.

Thread Information