Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurdo View Post
    EDIT: You can give yourself the QueryAdmin with the Query, then you can see the Query Groups "Admin" and "Guest". Then you can also deny the Query-Guest login.
    Besides that adding regular clients to query groups isnt supported by Teamspeak as dante said, you can try to remove permission "b_serverquery_login" from the Guest Query Group. You have a secure server afterwards ,since noone can login to Query anymore including the "serveradmin" account.
    And you cant undo this, since you would need to login to Query before adding the permission back.

Well, maybe its not supported, but it works.

Dante, could you please tell my why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    Besides that adding regular clients to query groups isnt supported by Teamspeak as dante said, you can try to remove permission "b_serverquery_login" from the Guest Query Group. You have a secure server afterwards ,since noone can login to Query anymore including the "serveradmin" account.
    And you cant undo this, since you would need to login to Query before adding the permission back.
    Thats why i said you should only do this to the Guest group. NOT to any Admin groups.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    This will not solve the issue
    Why not? You need to first Create a Query Account for your ID. If you cannot create any query account, then you cannot login.
    Last edited by dante696; October 30th, 2016 at 05:29 PM. Reason: merged 3 posts

The issue that the user has in the main post has nothing to do with any login.
    The GuestQuery will still be able to join the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    Could you guys please stop suggest and post any "How to destroy my server"?
    You may know what to do and how to revert changes, but there is no reason to suggest that to non pro's.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

dante, please consider changing the Teamspeak server permission system in a way that prohibits changes that destroy the server configuration. Or takes away the ability to manage the server.

For example, you always say that giving any client user query admin permission will destroy the server. I don't see why to be honest, but if it does, prohibit this action in the server.

Or if someone removes himself from the server admin group, only allow this action if there is still another user in that group. I know, it's not a matter of the group, it's a matter of the permissions within the group, so define a set of admin permissions that some client always must hold, and disallow people to remove themselves from groups when nobody else has essential permissions any more. That requires browsing all groups by the server during the "remove user from group" operation, but that would help tremendously.

If you don't do this, this frequently asked question will come up forever. Telling people over and over again to not do things doesn't solve any problem. Changing the permission system accordingly solves the problem.

Thread Information