Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Identity Associated with Karma Point

Hi everybody. Last night I've got an idea, I saw that teamspeak use to associate identity with a security level but I don't think that it is the best way to keep trolls and bad ppl out of our teamspeak. I'm here to suggest you to inplement a Karma system associated with the identity where every body can grant you a point or deny it, in this way we should be able to set our teamspeak with a minimum karma point for reach to join it.

What do you think about it? Is it possible?

(I'm not English, forgive my mistakes pls)

With your idea, how are you able to collect Karma points on a server if you are required to have a minimum amount of Karma to even connect to that server?

Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by Schlumpi View Post
    With your idea, how are you able to collect Karma points on a server if you are required to have a minimum amount of Karma to even connect to that server?
    In a logical way i would say you have good karma and bad karma, so that you can restrict people on the amount of "bad karma".

At least that would be the only logical working solution for me.

regards

Shadow86

pretty good idea Shadow86!

Such a system is too easy to manipulate. If I want to harass some server with that system, I create 101 identities, and with 100 of them I vote up my 101th identity. Then, that 101th identity has really hight karma, can join everywhere and harass everywhere.

A variation of that system is already in place: it's the complaint/autoban system. If one user gets enough complaints, he is banned from the server. It's the "bad karma" part of your suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlumpi View Post
    Such a system is too easy to manipulate. If I want to harass some server with that system, I create 101 identities, and with 100 of them I vote up my 101th identity. Then, that 101th identity has really hight karma, can join everywhere and harass everywhere.

A variation of that system is already in place: it's the complaint/autoban system. If one user gets enough complaints, he is banned from the server. It's the "bad karma" part of your suggestions.
    You can get 1 point karma for each MAC address so you can resolve this problem.

Mac Addresses can be spoofed, so no security.
    Me could also build dozens of virtual machines, each with a different MAC and use them to manipulate.

Best way IMHO is a good security level, (optional: server password) and restricting the default group.

Thread Information