Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    +1 here for a ARM version, im running a RPI, i would love to help development of it and would help debugging if needed
    I hope there will be a build soon (beta or normal)

rewozz Guest
    Hey devs, please give an ETA on this.

Yeah that, would love to see an ARM version

maybe I also have such question.

It would be difficult to provide a pre-compiled ARM version that works for everyone simply because there are so many variations of ARM that require different compiler settings to run efficiently (or at all)...

The only real universal way to release an ARM version without giving away the source would be to obfuscate the code using cobfusc.

From what I understand, it works really well... But of course it's up to the TeamSpeak crew to decide if they want to let us compile the code on our own or not, or risk someone decoding the obfuscated source. Although if you use a decent seed, I imagine it would be more work than it's worth to try to decode it.

I'd be interested in an ARM version too. Are there any plans yet, when or if you will release an ARM version?

Hello, I am also interested in a ARM version. My ReadyNAS 2000 duo v2 is the only "computer" still on.

Some people think that the Teamspeak Team doesn't want to port to the ARM processor because they might sell less licenses, because it would be easier for people just to buy a Raspberry Pi or use their NAS to run their own server instead of renting one.
    I actually wouldn't even mind to pay for an ARM version if that is the case.

Teamspeak for ARM CPU

How about a version of Teamspeak 3 for ARM processors (like Raspberry Pi)?

Same here.
    I had a TS3 server hosted on my secondary system at home just for guild raids, but it was annoying not having it turned on 24/7 (electricity cost is a pain), so I considered raspberry pi, but unfortunantly TS doesn't have a ARM port, so I've changed to mumble.
    Not hard to set up the server, runs quite well, quality similar to TS3, very low latency and does the job right.
    Too bad for TS, coz I liked the interface and the customizations though .
    But for those worried about power consuption, go rasp pi and mumble, until TS3 develops the ARM port.

I am no expert but I think there is not real need to develop a arm port because this probably only needs some few compiler/assembler/linker configurations...

Since TeamSpeak it probably does not plan to support ARM, we are changed for a while to Mumble. The Mumble server is running on my Raspberry Pi without problems. We are very pleased with this server now. Sorry TeamSpeak but you have to go with the time.

+1 to ARM support from TeamSpeak! Switched to mumble for the moment.

To get that a little further, i post a link where i described how to install teamspeak server on an ug802 running with picuntu and arm. Should be similar with every arm pc, maybe on pi a little slower, but the ug802 is not the fastest mini-pc itself.

In short, the teamspeak server runs via qemu on an x86 emulation. Ug802 can run teamspeak like that at the same time as a smoothly minecraft server, so it should be enough

http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechfo...php?f=5&t=1626

Of course i would prefer a full arm support by teamspeak, too. Teamspeak looses many users to mumbler like that

Quote Originally Posted by Flowd View Post
    To get that a little further, i post a link where i described how to install teamspeak server on an ug802 running with picuntu and arm. Should be similar with every arm pc, maybe on pi a little slower, but the ug802 is not the fastest mini-pc itself.

In short, the teamspeak server runs via qemu on an x86 emulation. Ug802 can run teamspeak like that at the same time as a smoothly minecraft server, so it should be enough

http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechfo...php?f=5&t=1626

Of course i would prefer a full arm support by teamspeak, too. Teamspeak looses many users to mumbler like that
    I'm curious, what kind of CPU usage are you getting with how many users? Using an emulator will probably result in a lot of overhead, and previous experiments I've seen with TS and RPi (I think the B model) resulted in something like 70% of CPU usage (don't recall the user count though).

Thread Information