Forum

I'm stuck on permissions

Hiya, I am Nicola and am new to this. I am trying to set up different level permissions to each grade of people that I have on my TS. I can manage to do a certain amount of levels but then its not working properly. I have been told that there is 2 levels of permissions but I can't find them and what are they called so I can have a go at setting them up. I want a low rank to have no permissions but a higher rank to have permissions if you understand what I am asking. If you can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it as this is driving me mad !!

Many thanks,

Nicola

I'm not sure what you mean with 2 levels.

Are you talking about the easy and advanced permission system?
    --> The advanced permission system can be enabled under Settings -> Options -> Application
    Or
    Are you talking about I_ (integer) and B_ (boolian) permissions?
    That is explained in the permissiondoc.txt which can be found in any server package.

There is no way around to play a bit (in best case in an empty or local hosted server) and to read and learn about the permissions when you plan to manage them.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I have unlocked the advance settings and I am setting up my permissions through that way.
    I have 10 ranks (1 through to 10). the first 3 ranks have a value of 1 and have no permissions so they can't promote or demote.
    The 4th (2nd rank) rank is value level 2 so can promote all those at level 1 and no higher
    The 5th (3rd rank) rank can promote/demote up to level 2 and no higher.
    that's how I want to set up the permission structure but cant find where I actually do it. I don't want a level 1 being able to demote, promote or ban anyone where that would come from a higher level.

I have been told that I go through to permissions that are called:
    Client Permission modify power or Needed client permission modify power

Is that right? One sets the value and one can promotes up to that value.

Or, am I looking in the completely wrong place?

many thanks,

Nicola

You can restrict which group a user can add or remove.
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Allow to assign target group(s):
    Set a value in permission i_group_member_add_power that is equal or higher as targets i_group_needed_member_add_power.

Restrict group(s) to assign other groups:
    Set a value for i_group_needed_member_add_power and set it higher than other groups i_group_member_add_power.

Restrict to remove target group(s):
    The value for i_group_member_remove_power needs to be lower as targets i_group_needed_member_remove_power.
    But there is no way to restrict that for bans. He is able to ban or not.
    The only permission to avoid to get banned is ignore ban.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information