Forum

Problem with styles/designs after update to 3.1

Hey as we all installed the new release 3.1 today our styles dont work anymore. Well the font colours do. its black and blue :P but all the images / backgrounds / icons for arrows etc dont work.. i have no idea how to get them working again :/ pls help.

I linked screenshot of what i see atm... normally there are backgrounds and custom arrows aso.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ts_after_update.jpg 
Views:	638 
Size:	232.6 KB 
ID:	14739

Ahh i did fix it :P

Ah well i found out know why :P There is now also a styles folder in the ts3 directoy on "C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client"
    Instead of only in "C:\Users\Vecrox\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client"

After copying the complete style directory into the Teamspeak 3 Client folder it worked again

looks like this now

Name:	ts_skin_works_again.jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	229.5 KB 
ID:	14740

You got that mixed up

The new directory is %AppData%\TS3Client\styles which is where all new addons will be installed (in their respective folders of course) and where your style should be as well. If some files are missing then you're probably referencing files outside the TeamSpeak directory through relative paths or there is some other issue.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

hmm no i've always used appdata as skin directory .... i've had them in appdata but after installing the update they didnt work :/ when i copied them into the teamspeak install directory they worked.

no relative paths or anything else.

Exclamation This happened to lots of my firends (didnt ask all who updated)

Hi after update all of my mates which had custom skins saved in appdata got the same problem as me. Their skins didnt work proper. All of them (me also) had a folder of the skin in the installation directory of teamspeak without the qss or pictures. And the full skin files in appdata.... after copying the files from appdata into the install directzory it worked.

SOO after update the teamspeak client uses the Teamspeak 3 installation directory for skins and not anymore the appdata directory

Quote Originally Posted by Vecrox View Post
    Hi after update all of my mates which had custom skins saved in appdata got the same problem as me. Their skins didnt work proper. All of them (me also) had a folder of the skin in the installation directory of teamspeak without the qss or pictures. And the full skin files in appdata.... after copying the files from appdata into the install directzory it worked.

SOO after update the teamspeak client uses the Teamspeak 3 installation directory for skins and not anymore the appdata directory
    Pretty sure you've always been able to have the skins in the installation directory, thats how I've always used it anyway. However even i'm now missing graphics from custom skins, and the odd one or two from default skins like bluesky. eg: paper icon in the chat window is there but the treeview images aren't.

Odd.

We'd really like to receive such a broken skin that no longer works along with detailed information about where you had which files exactly before you updated. This would help us look into this in more detail.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    We'd really like to receive such a broken skin that no longer works along with detailed information about where you had which files exactly before you updated. This would help us look into this in more detail.
    It's working again for me, it seems that skins installed in C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\config\styles no longer work since the recent update. they now require being installed in just C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\styles.

Now I assume thats because older skins are written to find graphics in styles/foldername/graphic.png whereas now there is a "styles" folder in the root directory, it isn't finding the correct location.

That was already mentioned in this thread. However I'd like to investigate, as such I'd need a style in in the same way you had it installed with the previous client, without any modifications you did to make it work again. I'd also need to know where exactly you had the files.
    Last edited by Chris; January 13th, 2017 at 10:14 AM.

This is the theme i was using on the older client. everything was unpacked in C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\config\styles

Like so: https://i.gyazo.com/bc5b2e1b088b7414...9afc8491ce.png
    Attached Files Attached Files

I just did the same, unpacked the zip into
    installPath/styles
    and
    configPath/styles

with 3.0.19.4 and 3.1.0.1

It looks the same in both clients. It never works when it's in config/styles because the Style is using relative paths to access the image files.

You can use "styles:the/path/to/image.png". Where the/path/to/image is the part of the path below the styles folder. In other words "styles:" is replaced with the path of the styles folder.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

But see, that doesn't make sense. Because as your pictures show, in 3.0.19.4, the VG logo is still showing in the chat window even when installed in config/styles. The only elements missing are the treeview however when we look at the code, both the path for the logo & the treeview's are the same.

Name:	tree.png 
Views:	123 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	14778Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chat.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	14779

Not only that, but if we look at the same theme, installed in config/styles using 3.1.0.1, the VG logo is missing for me, whereas yours isn't. So there is something not right somewhere.

Name:	full.png 
Views:	215 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	14780

Quote Originally Posted by FuzeDzn View Post
    But see, that doesn't make sense. Because as your pictures show, in 3.0.19.4, the VG logo is still showing in the chat window even when installed in config/styles. The only elements missing are the treeview however when we look at the code, both the path for the logo & the treeview's are the same.
    not in the file you uploaded. The QTextEdit#ChatTab already uses styles:vg/Images/vg-small.png
    which will make the client look at both the config and the install directories, from what I can see.

As for the differences you mention, those are only those visible in the screenshot, the combobox dropdown image is also not loaded, because you specified it using relative paths, which will be from the installation directory.
    It's the same with 3.0.19.4 when installed in config, everything using relative paths will not be found.

Also there are typos in your CSS "border-raidus" isn't quite right
    Last edited by Chris; January 13th, 2017 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    not in the file you uploaded. The QTextEdit#ChatTab already uses styles:vs/Images/vg-small.png
    which will make the client look at both the config and the install directories, from what I can see.

As for the differences you mention, those are only those visible in the screenshot, the combobox dropdown image is also not loaded, because you specified it using relative paths, which will be from the installation directory.
    It's the same with 3.0.19.4 when installed in config, everything using relative paths will not be found.

Also there are typos in your CSS "border-raidus" isn't quite right
    Ahh i see, I must have two weird copies of the theme then. Well, at least that's all figured out.
    And yeah, I didn't code the VG theme i just had input on it. I have since made an entirely new one myself with the recent update and doesn't come with spelling errors

Thread Information