Forum

[Request] A lightweight AFK channel mover for use on a headless linux server

I just want something simple that will move idle users to an AFK channel after a specified time. I know this question has been asked to death, but every answer I've found either simply links back to this forum index or suggests JTS3ServerMod. I don't need a web interface, I'd prefer that it not be developed in java, a simple ini file for configuration is all that is necessary. I'm aware of JTS3ServerMod; it appears to offer much more features and with those comes a lot of problems that I've read about in it's thread. I'd like to avoid that. It's very surprising that TS server does not have such a basic and popular function built in. So, does everyone just use JTS3ServerMod, or is there a better option?

Well, more than 10000 people use the JTS3ServerMod without any problems. And most of the reported problems are just wrong configured ini files or not reading the manual.

Just give it a try and open the file config/server1/JTS3ServerMod_server.cfg and enable the IdleCheck function using the line:
    but_functions = IdleCheck:idle

After you set this, just update the config file with:
    java -jar JTS3ServerMod.jar -updateconfig

If this was running successfully, you have a simple JTS3ServerMod_server.cfg file, which only contains the needed configuration values, which can be changed by you.

If this is done, just start the JTS3ServerMod as described in the manual.
    Last edited by Stefan1200; November 19th, 2016 at 01:20 PM.

Thread Information