Forum

Disable Client Connection Info Dialog

Hey all. I want to fully disable the client connection info dialog. (this: https://puu.sh/sp55J.png). Some clients are using it to annoy eachother and I want to stop it completely. I have found out how to remove the IP address listings from this (Haven't done it yet). I want to either disable this dialog, Or disallow people without permissions to use it. It wqill resolve a lot of issues. I want to remove at the very minimum connection time and idle time. Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated.

You can't turn it up.
    You only can hide users IP.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Why not?

While I understand that people tend to not want to do more work than they have to, I don't see why this isn't an option. I have been looking around as time permits, and I have noticed several other people who think this feature should be added. Given the complicated nature of ts3 as a whole, This simple addition should be incedibly simple to add. I've been using teamspeak's software for almost ten years now, and I've never really had an issue that I couldn't resolve in some way or another. But teamspeak supports encryption and seems to be privacy oriented. This is why I'm suprised it's not possible to disable that dialog entirely. It doesn't matter how long I've been afk, and I should be allowed to dicatate when and who can see that I've been afk, or how long I've been connected. I will once again, request this feature be made available. It might already even be in the code, but not yet implemented.

What's the deal with AFK time and connected time? I could just write that down on a piece of paper on my table. Where's your god now?

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    What's the deal with AFK time and connected time? I could just write that down on a piece of paper on my table. Where's your god now?
    While it is possible to write down connected time, it doesn't help against idle time. I'll give an example.
    User A is talking to user B in a text chat, User C is complaining that they aren't getting enough attention from user B. So user C looks at user B's idle time, and starts talking about how he or she is being ignored, creating the potential for a toxic environment. Granted, I could just ban user B, but it's not really a solution when it would be simple enough to disable the connection information. Normal users have zero need to see this information, and I consider it an invasion of privacy.

Why you request that is a social issue that will not be solved by just hiding/connection idle time.
    It makes no sense for us to hide connection and idle time as long user can see each user.

Just go into a private* channel where user b does not see user A and C and can't join to get this solved.
    This is what channels with password and higher needed subscription power are made for.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Resetting idle time by private message seems strange to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Why you request that is a social issue that will not be solved by just hiding/connection idle time.
    It makes no sense for us to hide connection and idle time as long user can see each user.

Just go into a private* channel where user b does not see user A and C and can't join to get this solved.
    This is what channels with password and higher needed subscription power are made for.
    I don't get why you think it's irrelevant. I've been using your product for nearly a decade, and simply asked for a feature.

You suggest going to a private channel that user C cannot see, however, That's not going to resolve an issue either, since user C can still see the server's user count, and will know that users A and B are on the ts and start harassing them ingame. I want to prevent this by disabling connection information dialog. And I would once again like to point out, that only the admins have any need or use for this dialog, so it should be controlled by the server owner.

I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibilities for the feature to be added. I've spent enough money on your licenses and mobile app, I believe that we customers have some right to request features in the platform we prefer to use.
    Last edited by Ryuhouji; November 22nd, 2016 at 09:19 PM. Reason: typos

Oh yeah, and something else. I noticed that a normal client cannot view SERVER connection info because of permissions, so that makes it even harder to believe you can't hide CLIENT connection info dialog. ( https://puu.sh/sr7CL.png )

Of course you can make requests - but it doesnt mean they have to be built-in. Its Teamspeak Systems decision which user input to use.
    Teamspeak is primarly a voice chat software, not a social-issues-solver.
    And speaking of developers, why dont you contact the developers of your game and request that your users cant see each other ingame, to prevent harrassing?
    Maybe the will do it in the next release/patch ...

Solved

There's an easy solution: Tell your clients to grow above petty squabbles.

That will solve the issue once. I run a relatively popular minecraft server network, so there's always more people. I want to prevent this and future issues. Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime. Its an annoying problem, but not what I would consider a bannable offense.

Solved

In this case, "teaching a man to fish" is exactly teaching him to grow up and stop reacting childishly to childish treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by ANR Daemon View Post
    In this case, "teaching a man to fish" is exactly teaching him to grow up and stop reacting childishly to childish treatment.

It's not about wether or not it bothers me, I just want to make the environment better for the people that frequent my services.

Thread Information