Forum

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    We fixed it and decided not to remove badges that user got already.
    I really do think you should remove it from the users that already have it if you're going to go down that route personally. Also, I don't really think you should have moved this topic into the redeem badges as it was a separate question/discussion.

We will not remove the badge. The rules how you can get it just have changed last week.
    We did not expect that so many user start to register.

You are exactly in the right thread see post #3 & #4.
    How to get this badge got asked and answered here.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

We will not remove the badge. The rules how you can get it just have changed last week.

Okay fine, so what happens to all the people who have it and will never ever publish anything?

I agree with Patrick. While I am not really that elitist kind of guy that wants to keep the circle of 'TeamSpeak Addon Author' badge holders as small as possible to boost my own ego and boast my "status" (especially because I see myself on the lower end of Addon authors due to the easy nature of style creation), I personally think removing existing badges from non-authors or reapplying them to "published authors" (+ rewarding creators of standalone addons) would be the best course of action.

I thought of this badge as a reward for people who invest time into creating things for TeamSpeak, and as a conversation starter/means of advertisement, and not as some "(un)common" collectors item and "devalued fluff".

Anyway, that's just my opinion I appreciate the work you developers did and do for this community. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady_The View Post
    I agree with Patrick. While I am not really that elitist kind of guy that wants to keep the circle of 'TeamSpeak Addon Author' badge holders as small as possible to boost my own ego and boast my "status" (especially because I see myself on the lower end of Addon authors due to the easy nature of style creation), I personally think removing existing badges from non-authors or reapplying them to "published authors" (+ rewarding creators of standalone addons) would be the best course of action.

I thought of this badge as a reward for people who invest time into creating things for TeamSpeak, and as a conversation starter/means of advertisement, and not as some "(un)common" collectors item and "devalued fluff".

Anyway, that's just my opinion I appreciate the work you developers did and do for this community. Have a nice day.
    This is exactly my feeling, It's not something that people who wont give back to the community. The people who currently have it will just use it as an ego boost as they have no intentions of ever releasing an addon or theme.

I don't want it to be an Elitist circlejerk but only obtainable by people willing to put the effort in giving back to the community.

I was an exhibitor at Gamescom. Unfortunately I was not able to look at everything. Can I get the badge after you get the Gamescom Ticket ID or a photo of the ticket?

Is there an example where the Badge is visible?

Only user who created their account during the Gamescom have access to this badge. There is no way to get it afterwards.
    It wouldn't be special, when user can get it after the event has passed.

This an example how it would look like:
    Attachment 14828
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

How to earn badge Creator of TeamSpeak Addons when I am a developer

How to earn badge Creator of TeamSpeak Addons when I am a developer, if someone can help me
    Last edited by dante696; February 16th, 2017 at 04:36 PM. Reason: merged

That badge is exclusive to those who create their own addons for the TeamSpeak Client and publish those through the myTeamSpeak platform.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    Okay fine, so what happens to all the people who have it and will never ever publish anything?

And then...

Only user who created their account during the Gamescom have access to this badge. There is no way to get it afterwards.
    It wouldn't be special, when user can get it after the event has passed.

This an example how it would look like:
    Attachment 14828
    Allowing people who have no intention to create addons for the community shouldn't be allowed to have their badge. Are addon creators not special?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    That badge is exclusive to those who create their own addons for the TeamSpeak Client and publish those through the myTeamSpeak platform.
    You're saying that the badge is for those who create and publish addons. Dante is saying that anyone who registered prior to the change of the "rules" will keep the badge.

That contradicts your statement. You shouldn't allow people who aren't actually creating addons to keep the badge. I'm not saying this as an "elitist" as others have already stated, more because I want the badge to remain special.

If you allow whatever influx you had from "Badge Hunters" (non devs) to keep their badges, you're devaluing the meaning of it.

Developer Badge - How can I get it ?

Hello,

Now, I'm at the status of developer on myTeamSpeak (uhh, I think...), but I don't have the badge. My question is : How can I get this badge ?
    Last edited by dante696; March 8th, 2017 at 07:32 PM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by Lolouff View Post
    Hello,

Now, I'm at the status of developer on myTeamSpeak (uhh, I think...), but I don't have the badge. My question is : How can I get this badge ?
    You do what you signed up for, you develop an addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady_The View Post
    You do what you signed up for, you develop an addon.
    Nice I have to wait for looking if it's accepted, I created a sound pack. Thanks.

How to get badges?

Just like in the subject how to get badges?
    Last edited by dante696; March 27th, 2017 at 07:24 AM. Reason: merged

Angry Where is my badge?

I'm a developer and I upload an addons but I do not get any badges there addon creator nothing else?
    Last edited by dante696; April 12th, 2017 at 09:51 PM. Reason: merged

Thread Information