Forum

Cannot hear anything at all on teamspeak.

What client version is running? 3.0.19.4
    Offer us a Client or Server log!
    What soundcard and headset do you use? I'm using a razer kraken 7.1 chroma headset
    What operation system is running? win10
    Are all important OS updates installed? yes
    Are latest drivers (Sound Card, Network Card, USB devices, Graphics Card etc.) installed? yes
    Did it work before? yes
    What have you tried? re-plugging the headset, re-installing ts3, shutting down my pc and restarting, tried other comms services(like skype to test the mic and sound, it worked)

Hello, this problem has been going on since yesterday, i can hear perfectly everything except for sound at ts3, logged in to my friend's channel and i couldnt hear a single thing, and also sorry for the lack of info but i'm a newbie and i dont know how to get most of the info, i would appreciate some guidance.

You did read my thread , but you missed to that part. Seems you have the wrong playback or sound card selected.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    You can't hear or talk? Your Device is disabled on server?
    • What device do you use and are your drivers up to date?
    • Please tell us your capture or playback settings.
    • Check your default Capture and Playback devices
      Especially for Windows Vista and newer > Check you default Communication devices.
    • Try to select your device directly and not default under Settings/Tools > Options > Playback or Capture.
    • Is there a capture or playback profile set in your bookmark?
      Please check your settings under Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks > Click the "More" button
    • Have you tried to send something with Push-To-Talk/Continuous Transmissions enabled?
    • Is the slider in your capture profile set to high? Test and move it in the local test mode.
    • Are you sure, that you channel isn't moderated and or you have enough talk power to speak in it?
    • Check that the channel isn't in silence mode. This happens when a lot users (differs from server server to server via server setting) are in channel.
    • Is the client muted in the Windows volume mixer? Do a right-click on the speaker icon in your tray and then select Open Mixer to check this
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

You did read my thread , but you missed to that part. Seems you have the wrong playback or sound card selected.
    I did try the capture mode and it appears either "try the best mode automatically", "windows audio session" or "direct sound", tried all those 3 modes with their different capture dispositives ("default", kraken 7.1 headset or stereo mix(VIA hd audio) and nothing really happens, it recognizes that i am talking through the mic test but i cannot really hear myself during the test, nor i can hear the sound test at all on any option.
    As for the manage bookmars> more. option there's not really much to choose, its either "none" or "default" and everything is on default.

Capture ?? I wrote Playback.
    Setting Capture will not change anything when you are unable to hear something.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Note also, you have to hit the apply button after changing the combobox selection (contemplating to get rid of that).

Capture ?? I wrote Playback.
    Setting Capture will not change anything when you are unable to hear something.
    I meant both "Capture" and "Playback" options, sorry if i wasnt clear, I'm spanish and I was giving kind of rough translations but I switched it to english right now.
    Welp, the point is that nothing is quite working honestly and I'm only having issues in ts3.
    Gotta mention aswell that i uninstalled TS3 and it deleted all my bookmarks, settings and stuff and i still cannot hear a single thing.

??????????
    Last edited by dante696; December 19th, 2016 at 02:16 PM. Reason: merged post and bump

All us known possible solutions have been mentioned already.

Have you checked all my points from post #2 ?
    I mean the last one especially. Maybe our client is muted in your sound mixer.

Are there errors in your client log?

All us known possible solutions have been mentioned already.

Are there errors in your client log?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clientlog1.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	380.6 KB 
ID:	14640
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	changelog2.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	14641

thats what the client log says

This is still unanswered.

This is still unanswered.
    Yeah, sorry about that, i tried it and somehow it was indeed muted, so the "problem" is fixed, thanks a lot for the help

Thread Information