Forum

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    and how come that some can join my server with 3.1 and other members can't join my server on a 3.1.

my DNS is still the same, doesn't explain why some can and others can't join my server.

Same problem here: some users can and some can't join... after a few days, so it's not a DNS issue or anything, it's a problem with the new release.

This just happened to me today after upgrading the client to 3.1. Rolled back to 3.0.19 (thankfully I had backed up my server identities). The message I kept getting was "Failed to resolve hostname" after upgrading to 3.1. Absolutely nothing changed on my server side and have been using SRV and TDNS records for over a year.
    Last edited by johndball; January 23rd, 2017 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johndball View Post
    This just happened to me today after upgrading the client to 3.1. Rolled back to 3.0.19 (thankfully I had backed up my server identities). The message I kept getting was "Failed to resolve hostname" after upgrading to 3.1. Absolutely nothing changed on my server side and have been using SRV and TDNS records for over a year.
    Yes, the same here.

Can't connect due to "Failed to resolve hostname"

Hello!

I have not been able to connect the ts3 channel me and my friends usually use for about 2-3 months. I get an error message saying Failed to resolve hostname 'brommaboys.pwn.nu'. I've been looking all over the internet for a solution but have yet not found anything to be working.

Note that none of my friends experience the same problem nor do I have problems connecting to any other channels.

I'd be greatful for any help!

Tafatt
    Last edited by dante696; January 25th, 2017 at 10:54 AM. Reason: merged

Try 46.102.242.112:9994 instead.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Hey guys, I have read through the topic and just want to check I have it right, so now my A record is ts.binarycombat.com to the TS IP, then my SRV is _ts3._udp.ts.binarycombat.com and that points to ts.binarycombat.com.

Is this right?

cannot connect to any servers after update.

tried multiple times to reinstall. uninstall. everything.

im 100% certain i cant connect because i dont have the actual ip to the server and for some reason there is no way for me to manually find it through a website if i have the domain name.

could someone please help me with getting the actual ip for my friends server? finest.teamspeak.wtf i cant resolve hostnames for any domains, and its really annoying that i have to waste time resintalling an older version of teamspeak.

please help as quick as possible. im sitting here with no way to contact anybody via teamspeak.
    Last edited by dante696; January 31st, 2017 at 07:52 AM. Reason: merged

That post is not related to TeamSpeak 3.1. There is no TeamSpeak-related reason that downgrading will not make any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMcardle View Post
    Hey guys, I have read through the topic and just want to check I have it right, so now my A record is ts.binarycombat.com to the TS IP, then my SRV is _ts3._udp.ts.binarycombat.com and that points to ts.binarycombat.com.

Is this right?
    Yes your setup seems correct and should work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bright View Post
    i cant resolve hostnames for any domains
    You should fix your system, so that you can.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Yes your setup seems correct and should work just fine.
    Thanks for the reply Chris, because I have edited the settings I should wait for 24 hours for it to properly propagate right? I only ask this as my provider says 48 hours? And now a lot of my community can't connect lol.

TS3DNS and v3.1.1 deprecation - stuck!

Hi, I'm using TS3DNS and am getting the popup about the server configuration being deprecated. My TS server is running the current version. I just upgraded it. So I followed the instructions here: https://support.teamspeakusa.com/ind...ith-client-310 . I'm using CPANEL and so am not doing it through a command line.

So in the NAME field, I put my TLD - mydomain.com for example.
    TTL = 86400
    Type = SRV
    Priority = 0
    Weight = 5
    Port = 41144
    Target = ts.mydomain.com

So I can connect to my TS server but still get the deprecation popup. What did I miss?

Well, it takes some time for all the DNS servers around the world to pick up the change. DNS servers usually cache the response they got from up the chain for a certain amount of time, so they don't have to stress the servers higher up the chain for every single person asking for the same result. They just know already and can answer quickly. They delete the entry out of their cache after the specified amount of time on the record.

I was able to correctly resolve the address when I posted before, and still am so that's fine.
    If the record didn't exist before it should happen for everyone more quickly.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by RKramkowski View Post
    Hi, I'm using TS3DNS and am getting the popup about the server configuration being deprecated. My TS server is running the current version. I just upgraded it. So I followed the instructions here: https://support.teamspeakusa.com/ind...ith-client-310 . I'm using CPANEL and so am not doing it through a command line.

So in the NAME field, I put my TLD - mydomain.com for example.
    TTL = 86400
    Type = SRV
    Priority = 0
    Weight = 5
    Port = 41144
    Target = ts.mydomain.com

So I can connect to my TS server but still get the deprecation popup. What did I miss?
    Are you connecting to your server with "mydomain.com"?
    Did you have fields for Application and Protocol and did you fill out those correctly?
    Without your actual domain name or a screenshot of what you set up we really cannot do much more than guess.

Here's a screenshot. The domain is theabandoned.us and the TS server was reached by using ts.theabandoned.us when using TS3DNS.

Name:  Untitled-2.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  45.1 KB

Thread Information