Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Preventing user creating channel passwords.

Hi - I would like to know if it is possible to prevent a user from creating a password protected channel.

Remove permisions b_channel_modify_password and b_channel_create_with_password from groups that should not be able to set/change/remove a channel password.
    Last edited by dante696; March 23rd, 2018 at 05:59 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

And whats with "b_channel_create_with_password" permission?
    Has this been removed?

I don't even know how to enter commands like that. I set my server up simply to talk to my family & friends when we are playing Ark Survival Evolved. Soon other people found the server and started using it - and this was OK I have no problem people using the server. I even advertised it so other like mined folks could use it.

It was not until a channel was created that was locked, and when I entered it there were a lot of people taking in a different language - I think it was Arabic but can't be sure as I only speak English, anyway when they realised I was in the room - they all went quiet and then someone in English told me to leave.

The point to this is I don't want anyone planning or doing anything illegal via my server. I figured that if the server was open - and no one can create closed channels - then only people with nothing to hide will use it.

Have the programmers ever considered that these servers might be used for nefarious reasons and how accountable are people like me who host them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    And whats with "b_channel_create_with_password" permission?
    You are right. I did not think about that permission!

Umpa
    Just go into the permissions dialog and then select your Guest server group and later your channel Guest and Admin group.
    Now enter password into the filter.
    Then remove permisions b_channel_modify_password and b_channel_create_with_password
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Ok finally managed it. I have wanted to do this for ages, but shelved it as it looked a little complicated. Then forgot all about it...

Sorry I posted 3 times, I had forgotten I had even asked before. To much 80's beef I suspect.

Thread Information