Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question Make Guest Server Group to stick to users

Hi,
    I want to create a general group with the general set of permissions and the Guest group seems like an ideal solution!
    The problem is, when I add someone to another group (or they do it themselves) the Guest group gets unassigned from them.

I want to use the Guest group for all the main permissions and other groups mainly to add icons to users (so that if I need to change the Guest permissions I won't have to go through all my icon server groups and do the same changes).

Thanks!

Just copy the "guest" server group, rename the group and set an icon for it and set the group to permanent (b_group_is_permanent). If you give yourself the icongroup now, you also have the permissions you would have a guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Data179 View Post
    Just copy the "guest" server group, rename the group and set an icon for it and set the group to permanent (b_group_is_permanent). If you give yourself the icongroup now, you also have the permissions you would have a guest.
    But if I have many icon groups then if I need to change a Guest permission I would have to make sure those permissions are changed in all the icon groups as well. :/

If you create a single copy of the Guest Group, and you set it to be Permanent, you will just need to edit permissions once.

The Copied Group will act like a Permissions holder.

How often do you change permissions on a guest group?Normally i change sth. in this group once a year.
    Maybe creating another group, with the same permissions as the "guest" group, which you can give yourself as a guest is a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Data179 View Post
    How often do you change permissions on a guest group?Normally i change sth. in this group once a year.
    Maybe creating another group, with the same permissions as the "guest" group, which you can give yourself as a guest is a solution?
    It's mostly for other people to give themselves icons/assign to groups with names that relate themselves to some mutual topic. Obviously they will not give themselves a "Guest (permanent)" group before setting an icon group because they just want an icon, so will lose their normal permissions.

Just before the mods add their red-tag

This is not possible.
    Any user can be in one or more server groups granted, but not true for the default group.
    The default group is only sort of container for users who have no servergroup assigned.
    If an user gets assigned a server group he will be no longer in the default group.

Thread Information