Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: Lost Bookmarks

Lost Bookmarks

Hi!

I lost all my bookmarks! I was logged in a channel with a friend playing SWTOR when TS3 locked up. I had to kill process. I have used TS for years and have never had any issues before. I had not changed anything and yes everything is updated. I have no virus' or other issues. When I re-launched TS3 all my bookmarks were gone. I had a lot and years worth. I am hoping you can help me. I am attaching a dxfile plus a crash report. I also have attached 2 log files for day of crash. The first and the last. There appears to be 29 log files within a 7 minute period. If you want them all just let me know. The date of this instance was Dec 14 2016. I have not been able to use TS3 all that time, but I have been too busy to mess with it until now. Thanks alot!

What client version is running? Ver# 3.0.19.4 it was current VER at time of crash
    Offer us a Client or Server log! attaching file. I also have a crash report.
    What soundcard and headset do you use? Sound card info is included in dxdiag file Headset is Razer
    What operation system is running? Win10 but also attaching a dxdiag file.
    Are all important OS updates installed? yes
    Are latest drivers (Sound Card, Network Card, USB devices, Graphics Card etc.) installed? yes
    Did it work before? yes
    What have you tried? yes
    Attached Files Attached Files

Restore the file "C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\setti ngs.db" from your backup. The bookmarks are saved within this database
    file.

If you don't have an explicit backup, you may have Windows restore points available from before your crash, depending on how you configured Windows. A restore might be as easy as locating the current (defective) file with Windows Explorer, open the properties of the file and choose the "Previous Versions" tab. There you might be able to locate a previous copy from before your crash and copy/restore it.

The longer you wait after a backup and the longer you use your computer after breaking a file, the less the probability you will be able to find a valid backup. You should have acted immediately after the loss, not weeks later. The computer is a thing, it doesn't care about that you were "too busy to mess with it until now".

If you don't have any backup, you probably have to start fresh. Don't forget to make regular backups from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlumpi View Post
    Restore the file "C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\setti ngs.db" from your backup. The bookmarks are saved within this database
    file.

If you don't have an explicit backup, you may have Windows restore points available from before your crash, depending on how you configured Windows. A restore might be as easy as locating the current (defective) file with Windows Explorer, open the properties of the file and choose the "Previous Versions" tab. There you might be able to locate a previous copy from before your crash and copy/restore it.

The longer you wait after a backup and the longer you use your computer after breaking a file, the less the probability you will be able to find a valid backup. You should have acted immediately after the loss, not weeks later. The computer is a thing, it doesn't care about that you were "too busy to mess with it until now".

If you don't have any backup, you probably have to start fresh. Don't forget to make regular backups from now on.
    Ok. I never thought about a restore point. Yes I saw a video on backing up within Ts during my troubleshooting. Never knew this feature existed. Lesson learned. Thanks for the suggestions and quick response.

Thread Information