Forum

Deny to add opposite server group, when 1 group is active.

Hello,

I don't know if I will be able to get my point across but...

My friend has a server in which for you to be able to move across channels you must have a gender rank, being it either male of female, so far so good.

However, anyone can have both genders so what I ask here is, if it's possible to lock or gray out the possibility to have the opposite sex gender? i.e if you have Male rank you cannot have Female and vice versa.

Thanks in advance.

That's only possible, when both group's "Group Member Add power" is lover as their "Group Needed Member add power".
    + Other groups they could get also need a lower "Group Member Add power"

Isn't it sexism nowadays when you have such system and
    1. Force users to choose their Gender (for a VoIP Software)
    2. Don't allow to have both Genders
    ?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

you could give that group a lower than necessary group_member_add_power, however users would still be able to relinquish the group they have and then assign themselves the other one (assuming they can self grant the group as guest which you made it sound like) without additional changes.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

In that server, as a guest you may not self grant anything until you are given a gender.

In that case tell your Admins (or the people who can add the groups) that they only should add one group.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

I know what you are thinking and I like the idea and it shoulnd't be to hard to fix?

I'm after something similar. Would be nice to have base groups and addon-groups. It would only need a new permission line where the groups is set to either base or addon and then have a check to see if a base group is on the user and then grey out the rest.

I'm using this type of system myself, but admins still does mistakes of adding multiple base groups, even tho I've added "(+group)" behind the group titles.

There is no easy way and it's nearly impossible.
    Our permission system does not allow such setup.

Everything with higher permissions will always be able to add something on same or lower level.
    There is no, can add this, but can't add something else.

Thread Information