Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.1.0 Release

This is the discussion thread for the 3.1.0 release of the TeamSpeak client, which is currently in a staged rollout process.
    Read the announcement here
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

"configurate badge" ?

Hello,
    i just saw the update on the new ts-client and i saw the new category in the Options "myTeamSpeak" and i wondered what These badges are and how i can get some of These?! )
    thx for ur answers

LG V3rtr0x

Lovely Update..... Not

It would have been lovely to know in advance that the update was to a version that was going to break all of my plugins, rearrange parts of the interface, reset a number of settings back to defaults (or to new defaults), and just generally make life painful until the plugin devs and the entire Release channel user base catch up.
    A simple link to the patch notes, or a warning that it was going to break things would have sufficed, but no, we get no warning.
    To add to this, you appear to have migrated the user-added plugins out of the main 'plugins' folder to some other location, which I can't find, so my client is informing me that I have plugins installed, but not where the files are at, so I can't get at them to update them, and many of my plugins require manual installation.

Will the Client Version be marked from Beta to Stable once staged roll-out is complete?

Quote Originally Posted by V3rtr0x View Post
    Hello,
    i just saw the update on the new ts-client and i saw the new category in the Options "myTeamSpeak" and i wondered what These badges are and how i can get some of These?! )
    thx for ur answers

LG V3rtr0x
    Badges are shown behind the nickname. But the only Badge you can get at this moment is when you are an Addon author.
    More badges will follow for events as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by AerinSpieler View Post
    It would have been lovely to know in advance that the update was to a version that was going to break all of my plugins, rearrange parts of the interface, reset a number of settings back to defaults (or to new defaults), and just generally make life painful until the plugin devs and the entire Release channel user base catch up.
    A simple link to the patch notes, or a warning that it was going to break things would have sufficed, but no, we get no warning.
    To add to this, you appear to have migrated the user-added plugins out of the main 'plugins' folder to some other location, which I can't find, so my client is informing me that I have plugins installed, but not where the files are at, so I can't get at them to update them, and many of my plugins require manual installation.
    We had to add new things into the client. Or else we could not bring out new features.
    The API was updated to version 21. This is not the first time when we did raise it.

Any plugin author could test and update his plugin and any interested user since August 2016.
    This is when the beta for 3.1 was released to the public.

The new location for custom Addons is the config folder for the client.
    %appdata%/TS3client/Plugins
    %appdata%/TS3client/Translations
    Etc.

The package installer still should be used on install Addons (Plugins, Soundpacks etc) in case you don't want to use the Addons page.
    We did recommend this since years, because the path automatically will be used and the user don't has to care to find it on his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    Will the Client Version be marked from Beta to Stable once staged roll-out is complete?
    Yes. It will show stable for everyone when we do a release for all users.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Is there an explicit download link where I can download the full installer of the 3.1 release client? I would like to make a clean installation, i. e. redo all plugin and sound pack installations, which currently are a mess together with the current 3.0 client after a few years of constantly updating the program directory without using *.msi files but install raw files instead with the internal updater.

I'd like to clean up that mess with a clean installation and only migrate my raw TS3 settings and bookmarks. You know I know how to do this properly.

But without a full installer this cannot be achieved.

The installer will follow after stage rollouts finished.

I suggest to use the beta 3.1 installer to get what you want.
    Nothing was changed from last beta.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    The installer will follow after stage rollouts finished.

I suggest to use the beta 3.1 installer to get what you want.
    Nothing was changed from last beta.

At least let us mirror the client so we can reduce the load on your servers slightly

Ok, upgrade to 3.1 works.

Plugin developers will have to do small updates for their plugins, if they pull files from default plugins. For example soundpack developers who pull files from the default soundpack. Will upload a german tts soundpack if my myteamspeak developer is approved. In case this is the proper way to release plugins from now on. Looks good.

My LUA dice plugin works without changes, but I don't know how to package a lua script for myteamspeak upload+distribution. Is there any workflow/documentation for this? I know how to package ordinary plugins, but what about lua plugin scripts?

update 3.1 ?

it's not in the downloads and now my client on a different machine says 3.0.19.4 is the latest and there's no 'update'?
    has it been pulled,leaked or bugged?
    Is my other machine that has been updated to 3.1 going to be ok or should I revert back to 3.0.19.4?
    Last edited by dante696; January 11th, 2017 at 10:17 AM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by KIDINK^ View Post
    At least let us mirror the client so we can reduce the load on your servers slightly
    Traffic isn't the reason. We want to minimize problems and test out how Sync load etc works for us.

Quote Originally Posted by sTimulated View Post
    it's not in the downloads and now my client on a different machine says 3.0.19.4 is the latest and there's no 'update'?
    has it been pulled,leaked or bugged?
    Is my other machine that has been updated to 3.1 going to be ok or should I revert back to 3.0.19.4?
    As mentioned, not all clients will get the update for 3.1 at the same time.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/128756

Downgrading isn't a good choice. The new database is incompatible to the old client (you will loose all bookmarks, Identities etc.).
    Just wait till your second machine gets the update or use the beta 3.1 installer.

Please add a "Back"-Button to the new Addon-Browser. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by router View Post
    Please add a "Back"-Button to the new Addon-Browser. Thanks.
    There is the home button, that effectively is a back button.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

broken update

I got the update to version 3.1 announce today, and i trusted it and did it... guess what it broke TS completly.

1st - after the update was done, the client was crashing every single time as soon as i pressed the icon to start

2nd - decided to run the updater again to try and correct anything that might be wrong with the update

3rd - Updater corrected the crash but took me back to version 3.0.19 and now eveytime i launch TS i get a warning saying " Your TS is too old to read the settings file"

Seriously talk about a terrible update are we?!

Now everytime i get onto TS im afraid of losing all my data...

I have made backups of what i remember, but there are some older channels i belong i dont recall the settings to manually save them, this conversion is just plain retarded....

Quote Originally Posted by Rykon View Post
    I got the update to version 3.1 announce today, and i trusted it and did it... guess what it broke TS completly.

1st - after the update was done, the client was crashing every single time as soon as i pressed the icon to start

2nd - decided to run the updater again to try and correct anything that might be wrong with the update

3rd - Updater corrected the crash but took me back to version 3.0.19 and now eveytime i launch TS i get a warning saying " Your TS is too old to read the settings file"

Seriously talk about a terrible update are we?!

Now everytime i get onto TS im afraid of losing all my data...

I have made backups of what i remember, but there are some older channels i belong i dont recall the settings to manually save them, this conversion is just plain retarded....
    If the client really crashed there should be a crashdump in either %AppData%\TS3Client\crashdumps or in the installation path\config\crashdumps. Please upload those as well as the logs from the logs folder (also found in either %AppData%\TS3Client or in the installation path\config).

If you have a backup of the old settings.db and ts3clientui_secrets.conf then you can use those with the old client, otherwise you will have to use client 3.1.0 or start without a database (losing all your bookmarks and settings). If you do that you can copy your settings.db to a different place and put it back in when 3.1.0 works for you.

Also please specify your operating system.

Thread Information