Forum

Push to Talk Not Working-3.019.4 Mac OS X El Capitan

Hey guys,

I just downloaded teamspeak on the mac and I have been a windows user for the longest of times and never encounter any problems.

After downloading the mac client, I set up Push to Talk on my default profile (ONTROL keybinding), and it works fine in the teamspeak test. However, when I am on any server, it never activates the mic. I have added Teamspeak 3 Client to the Accessibility options in System Preferences, but it has made no difference.

P.S Continous transmission and voice detection are working fine.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

From the description i would say that there is no hotkey profile set in your bookmark.
    The control key works for me with client 3.0.19.4 on OS X 10.11.6
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Do you mean this?(screenshot below)

I do have it set, but it never activates like stated in original post. Also double checked the bookmark profiles, they are all always default and therefore I should have no problem with it working.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Same here can't get push to talk working whit any buttom

Any solution for this?Have booted,installed 2 times,added accessibility and different hotkeys and nothing works.

Quote Originally Posted by aplebe View Post
    Do you mean this?(screenshot below)
    Quote Originally Posted by pommis View Post
    Same here can't get push to talk working whit any buttom
    Any solution for this?Have booted,installed 2 times,added accessibility and different hotkeys and nothing works.
    I have no clue then and couldn't reproduce it.
    I wonder why 2 reports come up here because client 3.0.19.4 & El Capitan arn't new.

Are you all sure you are still using client 3.0.19.4 and did not update to 3.1 or 3.1.0.1?
    There is a known bug which causes that hotkeys will not work, when the client was updated via updater.
    To solve this you need to install client 3.1.0.1 via installer: http://dl.4players.de/ts/client/beta/

Important before you update to 3.1 (and newer):
    I suggest to make a backup of your current settings.db and ts3clientui_qt.secrets.conf before update.
    The database from client 3.1 is incompatible to any older version.
    Last edited by dante696; January 16th, 2017 at 11:44 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I'm afraid I already upgraded to the latest version of Teamspeak before your post. However, the problem is still persisting for me.

I did notice though, that with 3.0.19.4, the Push-to-Talk test was working fine while setting it in preferences. However with this version, even that is not working.

Yep, can confirm that Version 3.1.0.1 from 01/19/2017 is the last one to work on macOS (High Sierra in my case). Version 3.1.1.1 on 02/21/2017 breaks not only the fn key, but any PTT keybinding at all. Interestingly, if you set the fn key as PTT in 3.1.0.1, it displays as "FN" in the settings and works fine. If you then "upgrade" to 3.1.1.1 or later, it displays as "M_FN" and nothing works. They seemingly changed something in how keybindings were supported in 3.1.1.1, breaking it for every Mac user, and apparently haven't cared enough to fix it in almost two years. Discord has similar issues. However, Mumble seems to be able to make it work just fine, and versions of Teamspeak prior to 3.1.1.1 work on the latest macOS versions, so the story that Apple changed something that broke PTT is clearly fabricated. Unfortunately, the server I need to connect to won't permit me to run Version 3.1.0.1, so I guess I'm just hosed, along with every other Mac user of Teamspeak or Discord.

Thread Information