Forum

Thread: Addon page.

Thumbs up Addon page.

Hello.

Am I the only one who misses "download counts".

I am well aware it's a small detail.
    But it was a nice thing to have.

Eg. My BF3 Sound Pack managed to be downloaded 15,000 times.
    Which was total incredible for me, and it helped give me the desire to continue.
    Because, I could see people actually liked/use what I make.

Hope you will consider adding this again.

No you're not
    There is already a request for a download counter, but it doesn't warrant delaying the launch any longer. It will be added at a later point.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Lightbulb Little issue tracking system

Hey,
    I also miss one little, but important thing on the addon page.

I want to be able to contact the developer of an addon for reporting a bug, requesting a new feature, improving stuff or anything like that.

Could you may add a little ticket system like on GitHub, that somebody can create a ticket and select one of the available types of issue?
    • Bug Report
    • Documentation
    • Enhancement
    • Feature Request

Under "Bug Report" you can report any kind of issue.

"Documentation" is just used for something like "Hey, I need your help, because I couldn't read it from the documentation / description."

"Enhancement": Well... If somebody has an idea to improve something or improved it already, he can post it there.

"Feature Request" is used for "Hey, could you may also add this feature to this tool?".

Sure, for the first time, you could just add a contact form, where we can add some text and it sends this via email to the addon author. But this may ends in multiple emails with the same content, because different users want the same and can't see, that it's already reported to the author. That's the reason, why I would rather add a little ticket system.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebi94 View Post
    Hey,
    I also miss one little, but important thing on the addon page.

I want to be able to contact the developer of an addon for reporting a bug, requesting a new feature, improving stuff or anything like that.

Could you may add a little ticket system like on GitHub, that somebody can create a ticket and select one of the available types of issue?
    • Bug Report
    • Documentation
    • Enhancement
    • Feature Request

Sure, for the first time, you could just add a contact form, where we can add some text and it sends this via email to the addon author. But this may ends in multiple emails with the same content, because different users want the same and can't see, that it's already reported to the author. That's the reason, why I would rather add a little ticket system.
    Hello sebi94.

I Really also like your idea there, so +1 for that.
    It will be so nice that ppl can get back to a author, and we can get some fixed out there.
    and with the new "sync" system of myteamspeak, ppl can get the new fixed/better stuff faster and easyer now.

I would prefer to have my existing github issues page linked instead of having another page to check for bug reports

@Bluscream: That would be much better, yes. But if they would link GitHub with the MyTeamSpeak addons, they also should provide the authors the ability to link their software / product to GitHub to have the information such as README.md, issues and so on synced.

I believe, that the most users here (+90 %) don't have such an account. Instead of forcing now all users to create a GitHub account, TeamSpeak could use the GitHub API:

Thread Information