Forum

Ts sound works but mic isnt reconized after update

Hi I can hear my clan mates talking but after the new update I lost all mic use and we cant figure it out. I need to reinstall and TS will let me use old version. My head set is a fintech 7.1 surround sound. and I hear voice on the windows sound so it is working and but on TS so why is this. Can I get some support on this as I am confused. And want to keep updating TS but cant due to this mic issue I will continue to NOT Update till this is resolved even deleted overwolf thinking it was the problem but it wasn't.
    Thx Petty43

There are many reasons why your mic may not the way you want it. No Overwolf is not related to your problem.
    From your description i would have to guess. So i give you a list with all known and related issues.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    You can't hear or talk? Your Device is disabled on server?
    • Check your default Capture and Playback devices
      Especially for Windows 8.1 and newer > Check your default Communication devices.
    • Try to select your device directly and not default under Tools > Options > Playback or Capture.
    • Is there a capture or playback profile set in your bookmark?
      Please check your settings under Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks > Click on "Go Advanced"
    • On Windows 10 after updating to version 1803 it is required that access to your microphone is enabled.
      These 2 settings must be enabled:
      • Microphone access for this device
      • Allow apps to access your microphone

The settings can be found under Settings -> Privacy -> Microphone (left side)
      You can also press Windows key + R and type in ms-settings:privacy-microphone to reach that setting.
    • Have you tried to send something with Push-To-Talk/Continuous Transmissions enabled?
    • Is the slider in your capture profile set to high? Test and move it in the local test mode.
    • Are you sure, that you channel isn't moderated and or you have enough talk power to speak in it?
    • Check that the channel isn't in silence mode. This happens when a lot users (differs from server server to server via server setting) are in channel.
    • Did your turn down the volume? Open Tools -> Options -> Playback and turn the Voice Volume Adjustment slider up.
    • Is the client muted in the Windows volume mixer? Do a right-click on the speaker icon in your tray and then select Open Mixer to check this
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information