Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TS3 Client crashes after newest update (Lavasoft)

Hey,

after the Client has updated today, it crashes every time I open it.
    First it says, an injected DLL by "Lavasoft Ad-Aware" was found so the client may crash. To solve this problem I should remove "Ad-Aware". So I searched for it but couldn't find it.
    I hadn't had any problems before the newest update.

You either have the mentioned program installed, or some other application that brought the LavaSoft file with it. Search for "LavaSoft*.dll" on your computer and delete it, or the application that it came along with. This file is known to cause issues, hence the warning when we detect it.

Please follow how to and then try again.
    https://forum.adaware.com/solution-for-lavasofttcpservice-problem-after-uninstallation
    Last edited by dante696; October 15th, 2018 at 11:05 AM.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

The application could also be called "Web Companion".

Deleted 2 Lavasoft dlls, TS still won't work

I deleted all Web Companion programs.
    I used the "Lava Soft*.dll" search parameter and found 2 files which I then deleted using a function of Superantispyware.
    I tried to start Teamspeak and got an error message that TS3 couldn't find an open port.
    Uninstalled and reloaded TS3 and got the same error message.

Probably the files are gone, but it's still listed in the Winsock catalogue.
    Open a command prompt as administrator.
    Look at the catalog
    netsh winsock show catalog
    Lavasoft listed someplace?
    Optional but safety first: Create a restore point
    netsh winsock reset
    netsh int ip reset
    Reboot.

Done the Command Prompt bit, no luck

I'm having the same issues after the Update, I get the error message: "we found a dll which was injected by lavasoft ad-aware"

I've never had either of the softwares mention installed, but on the safe side I did search for them... nothing.

I could not find the DLL file anywhere on my computer.

I performed the Command Prompt resets as Admin and rebooted, still not able to log in, I receive the same error every time.

The issue has to be in the Teamspeak Update.

Is there nothing further to try with this?

There must be an active DLL called LavasoftTcpService64.dll or LavasoftTcpService.dll .
    That's the only way to trigger this message.
    Last edited by dante696; January 16th, 2017 at 11:29 AM. Reason: bbcode added
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

If the dll is still active, it is open and locked and thus cannot be deleted by regular means.

Here are official uninstall instructions from the Lavasoft forums:
    http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index...ninstallation/

(this thing is a nuisance, by the way. Teamspeak is by far not the only program that crashes when that "web companion" software is active. That web companion pollutes the system with his network-intercepting garbage that can be quite considered malware. Get rid of it as soon as possible!)

Quote Originally Posted by IrishJon1213 View Post
    I could not find the DLL file anywhere on my computer.

I performed the Command Prompt resets as Admin and rebooted, still not able to log in, I receive the same error every time.

The issue has to be in the Teamspeak Update.

Is there nothing further to try with this?
    I first performed computer search for Lavasoft and Web Companion and as I got no results I opened the windows registry and searched for Lavasoft, deleted the found entry, continued searching by pushing F3 repeating the procedure.
    Then I did the same by searching for Web Companion.

After that I opened comand prompt as administrator, pasted "netsh winsock show catalog" and found one entry which showed that the dll-file was to be found in C:\system32 - well I couldn't delete it (got error message).

For that I went back to the comand prompt window an pasted "netsh winsock reset". As comand prompt reported success I rebooted my computer went again to C:\system 32, deleted the dll file, which was now possible and voilą: no problems anymore.

Lavasoft Ad-Aware - Teamspeak keep shutting down.

Today I just updated my Teamspeak 3 Client to the newest version [20.01.16] everytime i'm trying to open it and get a message like this [DE] :

http://imgur.com/a/ymtC4

Pressed "Ok" And my Teamspeak 3 got a crash with this message [DE] :

http://imgur.com/a/rnMj5

Should I deinstall Ad-Ware or wait for a update/support?

Im trying it like 6 Times and still the same, any anwsers here?

thanks, mcgamingde.
    Last edited by dante696; January 20th, 2017 at 12:19 PM. Reason: merged

Uninstall any Lavasoft software and use something else in case you want to use TeamSpeak without any crashes caused by these DLLs.
    The crash with Lavasoft's DLL files is the top crash in all collected crash reports since 2015. I don't think there will be an update which will fix that.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Lavasoft is the culprit of the crashes. Not Teamspeak. No update of Teamspeak can fix that. Uninstall the culprit: uninstall Lavasoft. You will see that not only Teamspeak will not crash again, but also other software will benefit from this. The game Guild Wars 2 for example crashes heavily when the Lavasoft dll is active, and all crashes are gone after uninstalling the dll. I'm sure there are many other crashes in many other software and games that are caused by this dll.

And this was caused because of your fuckin update. Nice job with this injection...

Quote Originally Posted by OneOfAll View Post
    And this was caused because of your fuckin update. Nice job with this injection...
    It's not our fault and not our injection.
    The crash is on place 1 in our crash reports and very old.
    The only new thing here: we tell our users when there is software running that can cause crashes.

I can attest that this problem began INSTANTLY upon updating to Teamspeak 3.1.

I have never had lavasoft on my PC, I have done every fix in this thread, no fix. The only thing that changed when this issue began is the TS update. There is no other cause.

Thread Information