Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Import/Export Identities mising in 3.1.x

Hello!

Where did the "export" button and "import" the new version (3.1.0.1 (12.01.2017 15:10:40))?

Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Since myTeamSpeak made importing/exporting identities obsolete, we moved those options to the identity context menu. Just right-click the identity you want to export.

And Import appears, when you do a right-click in the list where identities are listed.
    Last edited by dante696; October 25th, 2017 at 08:32 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Can't import identity

made a new acc on my pc (old one was getting anonying af) exported TS identity saved it on new acc reinstalled TS for that account no import identity button?
    Last edited by dante696; January 20th, 2017 at 11:23 AM. Reason: merged

How to import identities or keep permissions since new actualization?

You really messed up with the new actualization. I upgraded from older version and i lost all my identities and i couldnt use a key to press to talk so i have to use voice activation. Now im using an old version to keep my identities but i cant even use a key to talk. Im planning to delete all ts3 files and install it again but i dont know how to keep my identities cause in new f***ing version i cant import identites. How to keep my permissions?
    Last edited by dante696; January 25th, 2017 at 06:42 PM. Reason: merged

You can still import identities by right clicking the list.

You most likely didn't lose anything at all.
    If you created an account after the update, then by default your identities and bookmarks are moved to Cloud storage. The cloud can only be accessed if you're logged in. If you log out or disable Synchronization, all the items will appear to be gone because the client will not access the cloud in those cases.
    Check in Tools -> Options -> myTeamSpeak that you're logged in and that the "Synchronization" box is checked. If not make sure to do both and your identities and bookmarks should be there again.

If you attempted to start the client after the update window disappeared before the client started automatically, you made a mess of things. Don't worry it can be fixed:

As last resort (or when launching client while update is in progress) you can restore backups that were created during the update phase:

Go to %AppData%\TS3Client or InstallPath\config (which one depends on choices made during installation) only one of those usually exists.
    You will find at least one settings.db.pre_sync<date> file. Copy all of those to a safe location.

If you have two of those, then that means you most likely started the client while it was busy loading. In that case simply rename the newer one to settings.db and start the client. Everything should be back.

If you only have one rename it to settings.db and also rename the ts3clientui_qt.secrets.conf.bak to ts3clientui_qt.secrets.conf then start the client. Everything should be back.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

How to restore the "identities"?

I am not able to locate the "import / export" identities in this new version of the client. How to proceed?
    Last edited by dante696; February 6th, 2017 at 11:30 AM. Reason: merged, see post 2 and 3

This is VERY annoying. Something that was once easy and simple is now frustrating and stupid. I struggle to relate to the line of thinking behind this. First off i cant even locate my ident i wish to import,second the old way was good no issues so the question is WHY and how *sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbolt View Post
    First off I can't even locate my identity I wish to import, second the old way was good, no issues, so the question is WHY and how? *sigh
    Sounds like a Layer 8 error to me. I honestly don't remember the old way (were buttons involved?), but Importing/Exporting identities seems still very easy to me.

Import: Tools -> Identities (Ctrl+I) -> Right click in the (Synchronised/Local) Identities list view -> Import
    Export: Tools -> Identities (Ctrl+I) -> Right click the identity you want to export -> Export

Have no identity buttons

Hello and good day

I have the Issue that after the latest update my complete teamspeak kind of *restarted* and now all is gone. Lucky I have an older backup ID.

BUT my issue is I cannot import my backup because there is no button to import it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unbenannt3.png 
Views:	966 
Size:	155.2 KB 
ID:	15372

I'm not sure but all over the internet people only show how to go to the ID page and just press import/export, but not a single one shows what to do when there is no button.
    Last edited by dante696; April 14th, 2017 at 04:36 PM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by Sareseras View Post
    Hello and good day

I have the Issue that after the latest update my complete teamspeak kind of *restarted* and now all is gone. Lucky I have an older backup ID.

BUT my issue is I cannot import my backup because there is no button to import it.

I'm not sure but all over the internet people only show how to go to the ID page and just press import/export, but not a single one shows what to do when there is no button.
    From what version did you upgrade? Older than 3.1? In that case you might find your settings backed up in %AppData%\TS3Client.

Did you create/use a myTeamSpeak account before the update? In that case you probably just need to log back in.

https://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?p=441518

You can find the Import/Export option in the context menu. Right click on an identity to import/export identities, or right click in the list views to import identities.

Lost my priveleges/identity, can I import my identity?

Dear Teamspeak Support,

Yesterday I've done a reinstall of my mobile OS and I have installed Teamspeak App again. I have logged in on the app and pressed "fallback" by accident. Now I have lost my rights on couple of servers which I had before since I guess I just made a new identity.

If I remember good, in the past you could import the identities into teamspeak (via settings -> identity -> import), now I don't see the button anymore.
    Is there a chance I can still import my identity into teamspeak? if so, How?

Thanks in advance
    Hollyezz
    Last edited by dante696; October 25th, 2017 at 08:27 AM. Reason: merged

You still can import your identity.
    Just do a right-click in the list where identities are listed. There you will find the import feature.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    You still can import your identity.
    Just do a right-click in the list where identities are listed. There you will find the import feature.
    Many thanks!

How to import settings

Hello

I had an older of version of TS that I used to access a private group. I used an item in that program to export my settings to a TS congiuration settings file. On my new PC I have TS 3.2.2 running but I can't find the menu item to import this file. I think in the old program it was in tools and there was an import/export settings area, but dont see it in the new one. Any help appreciated. thank you
    Last edited by dante696; October 19th, 2018 at 11:40 AM. Reason: merged

Thread Information