Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Default Server Group Permanent

Hello,
    I know I cant make the default group permanent, but why?

I want a group which every user becomes and gives him some rights for accessing channels and so.
    Then, some users I want to give another group, like Adult(18+). But then the default group (temp.) isnt assigned anymore and the user cant do somethings...

The list of users would be a mess on many public servers in case the group would be the default group.

There is no need for having the default group, when user should be in another group but still should have permissions.
    • Just make a copy of your default group and then make needed changes (name, permissions, icon etc) in that new group.
    • Then assign the group to the users who should have it.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    The list of users would be a mess on many public servers in case the group would be the default group.

There is no need for having the default group, when user should be in another group but still should have permissions.
    • Just make a copy of your default group and then make needed changes (name, permissions, icon etc) in that new group.
    • Then assign the group to the users who should have it.
    There is a reason... I can't be around to manually assign a server group to people 24/7. I'm finding some people sign in and have signed out when I'm not on, and there is no trace of them on the server... If they automatically went into a "group", I would be able to go into the server groups at a later time, and then manually assign the relevant group that is applicable to those users.

Currently, I can't, and I'm well aware that many of them don't come back after trying for several days to get allocated a server group, but because of time zones (and not being able to be on the server 24/7), many are missed and never seen again.

Our server is private, and not listed in the public groups, so I doubt we would get flooded by new connections.

There may be a way to create something different to facilitate this task, and if there is, please share. I'm even wiling to pay someone to find a way to fix this issue.

Cheers,

Gareth

OK. Thank you for your reply...

Shame it's not possible even by making it something that can be off by default but switched on for those that may use it.

As always, your replies are still appreciated. Thanks.

Gareth

You can automatically grant a certain server group, for example by using privilege keys. You could create a privilege key that grants a server group and then send them the link to your server with the key included. When they join the server using the link they'll have their designated group right away.

You can also automate creation of keys or group assignment based on some factors, however that will require you to be able to identify the connecting users and write some scripts to assign them the groups.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Have you looked into using a bot to assign server groups? You may be able to use one to accomplish something similar to what you're looking for.

Why don't just copy permissions from this temporary group (called for example "Admin didn't catch me yet") to permanent rank (e.g. User, Man/Woman), and when someone will want any "icon group" (18+, game ranks, whatever), you will just have to give that permanent group once.
    No premissions changed after this, everyone still can do everything they could.

Thread Information