Forum

Unable to decrypt data... Where can i enter the backup key?

I have my key but I can't find where to put my recovery key. I can't seem to find anything in the menu that mentions encryption key.

Greg
    Last edited by dante696; January 19th, 2017 at 07:24 AM. Reason: moved to general client section

You can click on the notification or make are right or double click on the exclamation mark in clients status bar.
    Name:  recovery status bar.png
Views: 6281
Size:  10.2 KB

If you don't see a status bar make a right click next to a server tab to enable this.
    Last edited by dante696; January 19th, 2017 at 07:45 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Instead, i don't have my key...i restore my password of my account and then TS ask me for that strange thing! O.O

How i can resolve?

If you reset your password, the client can no longer decrypt the data which is stored encrypted in the cloud. Thus the client asks for the recovery key to be able to decrypt the data. If you didn't save your recovery key then you will have to use the fallback option which will delete your cloud saved data and overwrite it with what the local client has cached. If there is no local cache then your data is lost.
    You'd have to restore from a backup (e.g. the one the client created during the update).
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    If you reset your password, the client can no longer decrypt the data which is stored encrypted in the cloud. Thus the client asks for the recovery key to be able to decrypt the data. If you didn't save your recovery key then you will have to use the fallback option which will delete your cloud saved data and overwrite it with what the local client has cached. If there is no local cache then your data is lost.
    You'd have to restore from a backup (e.g. the one the client created during the update).
    How do you go about removing the cloud data?

There is no way around that.

The data on cloud is encrypted and has to get encrypted or you have to use the fallback mode and replace clouds content with your cached items.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information