Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

[Suggestion] Ban myTeamSpeak accounts

Hi all,

Not sure if this has ever been mentioned yet, but have the TeamSpeak team thought of including a possibility to ban the given myTeamSpeak account?

I understand that at the end of the day, you could not use myTeamSpeak and still join, but its just like changing IP's and UID's - it might help a little just to have it.

Also, I have a question - will it ever be possible to grab details via an API - e.g.

Let's say we have a community and we only want to let myTeamSpeak users log on. We have a website, where the user provides their details, and then only if their details are present they can enter the server (ignore the checking of this via the server, I just want to know whether an API will exist where I could query to ask if the given account if legit/exists).

There aren't any plans on adding bans on myTeamSpeak accounts. Anyone who does circumvent bans today, is determined enough to do the simple extra step of logging out as well, so it is of doubtful usefulness at best.

As for an API it would need to be discussed, but currently there aren't any plans for that at this point in time. It's a very new service and for now we're focused on improving the existing platform and add new features to it.
    An API is also always kind of a double edged sword and can be abused for malicious intends. If there is ever going to be one, then it will most likely be some time (ie. not this year).
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    There aren't any plans on adding bans on myTeamSpeak accounts. Anyone who does circumvent bans today, is determined enough to do the simple extra step of logging out as well, so it is of doubtful usefulness at best.

As for an API it would need to be discussed, but currently there aren't any plans for that at this point in time. It's a very new service and for now we're focused on improving the existing platform and add new features to it.
    An API is also always kind of a double edged sword and can be abused for malicious intends. If there is ever going to be one, then it will most likely be some time (ie. not this year).
    Yeah thats fair enough I understand. The API though could be useful, especially in terms of veryfying smaller clans/guilds, and making sure people don't lose their ranks etc - just a suggestion

Good work on the client guys, wonder if the server will follow soon with some useful improvements

May I ask what improvement(s) for the server you would like to see (if you have some in your mind)?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    May I ask what improvement(s) for the server you would like to see (if you have some in your mind)?
    Well tbh I've proposed some before and got completely rekt on this forum so don't really know if there's much point

Also was gonna ask, is the bug in Android 3.1 with the \n on server message known to you? If not I can reproduce and show screenshots.

We fixed a bug with /n in the past in host messaged, but I don't know what bug you are talking about now.
    Please create a new thread in android section http://forum.teamspeak.com/forums/130-Android and I will read and test it then
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    We fixed a bug with /n in the past in host messaged, but I don't know what bug you are talking about now.
    Please create a new thread in android section http://forum.teamspeak.com/forums/130-Android and I will read and test it then
    Yeah I've made a new thread just to make sure :P

Thanks guys

Thread Information