Forum

Ok, activated, set to manual. Erm, how do I choose anything to sync?

Title says it all. I got it all up and running, immediately set it to manual before even activating and logging in. Now what do I do? I have been up and down and see no options to let me choose anything to sync. I don't mind my bookmarks getting synced as long as my identities stay local only.

If you set Sync to manual mode, then any new item that is created after this will be a local item. If you set to local before ever logging in then all old items will be local already.

To move items to sync you will have to use the management dialog for the respective item type.
    Bookmarks: Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks
    Identities: Tools -> Identities
    Whisperlists: Tools -> Whisper lists
    Hotkey profiles: Tools -> Options -> Hotkeys

You will then have an option for "Go advanced" which will show the sync list or can use the slider above the Local List which you can drag down (except Hotkeys and Whisper list which show both list all the time).
    Now just drag & drop the items you want synced from the local list into the sync list.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

I asked myself the same question, thanks for the answer.

The description "manual mode" and "automatic" on the dialog page seems unfortunate, because you expect that you somewhat switch/change some general behavior of the application, especially if you switch from automatic to manual or vice versa. But in fact you don't change anything.

In fact, you only change the default location of newly created items. Not even existing items. You only change the default location of newly created bookmarks/identities/etc.: "automatic" means "default location for new bookmarks/identities/etc. is on myTeamspeak" and "manual" means "default location for new bookmarks/identities/etc." is local computer. If you don't ever create any new items after switching this setting, this setting is meaningless. Instead, you expect that you change the sync setting of all your existing items.

This could be made more clear in the description of the sync option. Perhaps like this:
    Code:
    [x] Synchronisierung
        Speichere neu erstellte Identitäten, Favoriten, Whisper Listen, Hotkey Profile:
      (*) auf MyTeamspeak (können nachträglich nach lokal verschoben werden)
      ( ) lokal (können nachträglich nach myTeamspeak verschoben werden)

I think this is not suited to me. I always backup my app data before I format. I have had the same app data for years. This system seems to make it all remote unless I am wrong? Meaning if something happened to your servers I lose access to my bookmarks for a while and identities etc? Can this be clarified? If it operates remotely like an account you login then I want nothing to do with it. If it is a backup system then that is fine, as an additional "pc blew up but I can get my stuff back" thing for TS.

You are 1 out of 100 people who make backups of such setting before wiping your machine. For the other 99, the new sync is god-sent, because this way they don't lose their identity and don't come here to ask "I formatted, and now my server admin is gone. What should I do now?"

The only really important thing are your identities. Save them and use the convenience of myTeamspeak. I exported all of them to a safe local place and enjoy the sync feature of myTeamspeak with multiple devices. If myTeamspeak should ever fail, which I doubt, I can use my identity export.

Yeah, not saying it's a bad feature. I just do not think it suits my techiness and local-loving capacity.

To allow for the client to be used and you being able to edit/create things when your internet cuts out, or we have to do maintenance work on our systems, the client does cache your items locally if you choose to stay logged in.
    Last edited by Chris; January 30th, 2017 at 11:32 PM.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information