Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: Suggestions

https://community.teamspeak.com/u/brady_the/

Suggestions

I have some more suggestions, and attempted to create a somewhat complete list of suggestions made in the past for the sake of visibility.

Suggestions, Feedback

Bugs
    • [FIXED] Page switching does not take selected filters into account and will remove these when switching pages

Regarding the fourth item on the list. I am aware that myTeamSpeak offers the option to add more than one addon version. Was this put in place to offer addon creators exactly the option I am asking for, or what is the purpose of this option? Thank you.

Feel free to use this as a collective thread.
    Last edited by Brady_The; February 17th, 2017 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Added submission workflow

Addon versions is just something internal, there is just one version users will download.
    I can see why you'd want to have different versions of the same addon, in that they are basically the same thing but just variations thereof. However it would have to be managed by the person uploading / creating the main addon. It would be rather complicated / error prone to have others add their variation.
    It's probably not something we'll be working on in the near future. An interesting option nonetheless.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Addon versions is just something internal, there is just one version users will download.
    I can see why you'd want to have different versions of the same addon, in that they are basically the same thing but just variations thereof. However it would have to be managed by the person uploading / creating the main addon. It would be rather complicated / error prone to have others add their variation.
    It's probably not something we'll be working on in the near future. An interesting option nonetheless.
    The idea indeed stems from a position of uncertainty on how to proceed with the release of a style based on DarkenTS, which I would rather tread as a style variation instead of a standalone theme, the dislike of the thought to clutter/spam myTS with addons that don't necessarily deserve their own spot, and yet the wish to make use of the great myTeamSpeak platform.

However, I agree that it would probably be too error-prone - I'll just have to "swallow the bitter pill".

I do think it is worthwhile a discussion, for the owner of the addon to add a variation though. Just that I don't see that it would be feasible for others to add a variation to a third party style.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

One more suggestion:
    • Add an option for users to personalise their profiles (https://www.myteamspeak.com/d/USER). Nothing too big or fancy, just a quick way to, for example, advertise some social media accounts, a little 'About me', a FAQ, preferred way of contact, just to give you an idea. This could also be used to link the myTS account to the forum account.
    • Fixed height of the gallery. (A little crass) example: https://i.imgtc.com/HBz6J1E.mp4 On the website maybe tolerable, in the client not so much in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Just that I don't see that it would be feasible for others to add a variation to a third party style.
    To come back to the topic of Addon variations. I am not really sure how to understand the quoted sentence. However, only the addon author should be able to add variations to an addon. Anything else based on the base addon might be a variation, but as long as it is not released by the original creator, it should not make the impression of an official release or endorsement by the original author.

One solution could be as "easy" as handling it similar to the Platform choice available on the website: Making use of the already existing (internal) option to add more than one addon file, combined with the requirement to give the addon version a name, which in return "creates" the "Version" combo box, the list view with the available options, which on selection of a version changes the target of the download button, pointing towards the download location of the selected version.

One problem could be the addressing of the addon version within the Addons section in TeamSpeak that would only allow the installation of one version under the release name on myTeamSpeak, which might be avoidable by giving any added version a unique ID that is linked to the "Version name", which will be displayed in the TeamSpeak Addons list.

Anyway, that is enough uneducated rambling on this topic from me for now.
    Last edited by Brady_The; February 7th, 2017 at 12:05 AM.

• Page switching does not take selected filters into account and will remove these when switching pages (Can be reproduced with Styles, package filter only)

This is not necessarily a suggestion, more of a bug report, but in my opinion this is not enough to warrant its own thread. Maybe one of the admins could rename this thread into something like 'Suggestions and Feedback' if deemed beneficial.
    Last edited by Brady_The; February 8th, 2017 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady_The View Post
    • Page switching does not take selected filters into account and will remove these when switching pages (Can be reproduced with Styles, package filter only)

This is not necessarily a suggestion, more of a bug report, but in my opinion this is not enough to warrant its own thread. Maybe one of the admins could rename this thread into something like 'Suggestions and Feedback' if deemed so.
    this is known and fixed internally already. Thanks for report.

Thread Information