Forum

i reformated my computer and downloaded verison 3.1 it's asking for recovery key

as the title says ive reformatted my computer and hate to reset my myteamspeak and now every-time i got into identities or anything it's asking me to enter a recovery key that i don't have help ?

It's the key you got when you did log in into the client for the first time.
    You should only use Fallback if you don't have that key written down or copied anywhere.

Fallback will delete all synced items from your account.
    It will generate a new key.
    And it will upload cached available items (bookmarks, identities, hotkeys) to your account as long Synchronisation option is enabled.
    Last edited by dante696; February 13th, 2018 at 07:40 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Reset password, lost admin status on my server. Where do I enter the recovery key?

I had to reset my myTeamspeak password earlier today and lost my admin rights on my server. It said I could restore them if I had my Recovery Key backed up, which I do. But what do I do with it?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by svedin View Post
    I had to reset my myTeamspeak password earlier today and lost my admin rights on my server. It said I could restore them if I had my Recovery Key backed up, which I do. But what do I do with it?
    Thank you.
    yes, i have the same problem. Please help us

You double-click on the notification from Windows to open the dialog there you can enter the key.
    Or you do a double-click on the red icon on the bottom or do a right click on the red icon on the bottom in client
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Recovert code for "MyTeamSpeak".

Quote Originally Posted by svedin View Post
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
    yes, i have the same problem. Please help us

Well, I have the same question as well.. was hoping for an answer... ill be checking the FAQ later right now doc appointment. This is like 2009 old.

Sincerely, respectfully, without prejudice UCC-1-308 & regards.

May i ask why you do not read my replies? There are the answers.
    Please read post 2 and 5 there are the answers to your quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    It's the key you got when you did log in into the client for the first time.
    You should only use Fallback if you don't have that key written down or copied anywhere.

Fallback will delete all synced items from your account.
    It will generate a new key.
    And it will upload cached available items (bookmarks, identities, hotkeys) to your account as long Synchronisation option is enabled.
    I have the code, so no need for fallback

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    You double-click on the notification from Windows to open the dialog there you can enter the key.
    Or you do a double-click on the red icon on the bottom or do a right click on the red icon on the bottom in client
    now it says here to double click on notification from windows... Thats great but err where is this notification? Then its written, "Double click on red icon on the bottom..." Oh thanx hmm .. right... *looks around* ... wait where is this "red" icon supposed to be? On the bottom of ...(desktop?, teamspeak?, Option panel?, firefox?, the monitor?)?
    Ok lets move on, "or do a right click on the red icon on the bottom in client" Alright this is awesome, so now i know its in the teamspeak client on the bottom.

Well anyway, just FYI im a certified retard, suffering from sever chronic Lyme disease which is deteriorating my brain. So I tried this double clicking on red icon, and did NOT get an option for recovery code. But on my phone with Android 8.0 and having the TS app installed it did prompt me with the recover request and yes i did plug it in... Seems things are working now both on my phone and TS on PC, and i don't see the red icon anymore. why? not really sure but guessing its cuz i entered the recover code on my phone then it just synced access other devices.

Thanx for the help, wish everyone the best, and pls dont catch lyme disease, and psst its an STD, u wont just get it form tick bite...

The notification appears on Windows
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	passwort reset windows notification.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	16425

The red icon in my original report is now Blue and can be found at the bottom of the client.
    You can do a right click on it or a double click.

Name:	error icon in statusbar.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	16426

Both opens the the dialog where you can enter the recovery key

Name:	encryption windows notification.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	6.5 KB 
ID:	16424

Thread Information