Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[Discussion] TeamSpeak 3.1.1 Beta Discussion

This is the discussion thread for the 3.1.1 beta release of the TeamSpeak client.
    Read the announcement here.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Not mentioned in the log but I think plain TSDNS was removed as announced earlier.

Added openglblacklist.json trying to workaround broken OpenGL drivers of some graphic cards, forcing software renderer mode.
    For the OpenGL thingy, it doesn't fix this bug. Obviously only meant to combat crash bugs.

TSDNS fixes to workaround issues with broken routers. Using Google DNS servers as fallback.
    What do Google's DNS server have to do with TSDNS?

Limit channel auto-subscription to 500 channels to avoid exceeding maximum server packet size.
    That workaround is a bit cheap. Though Karl Lagerfeld was right when he once said "Wer 500 Channel hat, hat die Kontrolle über seinen Server verloren." (or something like that), implementing this with a hardcoded limit of 500 is a bit strange. There is a channelsubscribeall query command, which is used. Why does it still cause issues? Is it not used in some places, e.g. if you don't have the subscribe power for all channels?
    So for query, there is a limit of 9203 bytes for most query commands which I think is the problem here. The query command should be "channelsubscribe" (16 bytes). There should be "|cid=" (5 bytes) for each channel (pipe being space for the first). If you create a new instance with only one server and never delete any channels, you can therefore subscribe to 1144 channels (9 one-byte, 90 two-byte, 900 three-byte, 145 four-byte plus "|cid=" each and the command). The maximum length of a Int64 or UInt64 channel ID is 20 bytes, resulting in a maximum of 367 channels one could subscribe if all channel IDs use 20 bytes. With a limit of 500 channels, there's 6687 bytes for channel ids, which is 13.374 bytes per channel id. Because people will rather not even have 10-byte channel IDs, that's OK. However, 13.374 is much higher than the average user's channel IDs, therefore, some people who used to be able to subscribe to all channels (with the most extreme being 1144 channels successfully subscribed in previous versions) no longer can.
    I suggest exempting channelsubscribe from this limit (like permadd, permdell and snapshotdeploy commands) or allowing the use of channelsubscribeall. Howver, that's likely to need serverside changes. As an alternative, use a dynamic limit. YaTQA does that. If you create a channel via query, there is chance that you will accidentially exceed 9203 bytes (I'm not sure if this can happen in the client, because the channel description length is calculated incorrectly here, which results in a lower maximum channel description length and somewhat more room). If one is about to exceed the limit for the channelcreate command, YaTQA sets the description in a seperate channeledit command.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Not mentioned in the log but I think plain TSDNS was removed as announced earlier.
    Nope, we decided it'd be too early for this.

For the OpenGL thingy, it doesn't fix this bug. Obviously only meant to combat crash bugs.
    It's main purpose is to avoid crashes caused by bad graphic drivers. Mostly Intel integrated graphics.

What do Google's DNS server have to do with TSDNS?
    Nothing. They're just properly working DNS servers as opposed to what we learned a surprising amount of people are apparently using. The change should allow people with broken DNS servers to connect to servers again.

That workaround is a bit cheap.

Though Karl Lagerfeld was right when he once said "Wer 500 Channel hat, hat die Kontrolle über seinen Server verloren." (or something like that)
    uhm what?!?

you can therefore subscribe to 1144 channels (9 one-byte, 90 two-byte, 900 three-byte, 145 four-byte plus "|cid=" each and the command). The maximum length of a Int64 or UInt64 channel ID is 20 bytes, resulting in a maximum of 367 channels one could subscribe if all channel IDs use 20 bytes. With a limit of 500 channels, there's 6687 bytes for channel ids, which is 13.374 bytes per channel id. Because people will rather not even have 10-byte channel IDs, that's OK. However, 13.374 is much higher than the average user's channel IDs, therefore, some people who used to be able to subscribe to all channels (with the most extreme being 1144 channels successfully subscribed in previous versions) no longer can.
    We simply chose a value that is unlikely to be reached under normal circumstances. Most people will not have that high a channel id to reach the limit with 367 channels and most people won't be subscribed to 500 channels. So it's just choosing a relatively safe value to use as a limit as a quick fix, so that people will be subscribed to their channels again, which they weren't previously.
    We wanted to make sure people don't get the error. It's debatable whether or not we could've left out the limit entirely and risk users with a ton of subscribed channels running into the error or just assume that nobody has 500 subscribed channels on a server and ensure that nobody does. For now it's the latter, as we think it's less likely for someone to subscribe to 500 channels and care about those at the same time. The main thing is that users will not receive the error anymore. It can always be changed again in a future release.
    Last edited by Chris; February 3rd, 2017 at 07:30 PM.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

I have over 600+ channels at any time and the channel id's are now in the 28000+ mark. Will this affect us?

So I have the following issue since updating, for the past years I've been using AltGr (right alt on a german keyboard) to toggle mute in Teamspeak, since this update both ALT keys are considered the same key. This is super annoying, since I use left alt all the time for special characters and I don't want it to toggle my mute state.

Please tell me this is a bug and not consider expected behavior with this update.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    I have over 600+ channels at any time and the channel id's are now in the 28000+ mark. Will this affect us?
    Yes, that server will no longer work properly with the new client.

Oh joy. Great update.

That's why I told them to make this limit dynamic depending on the number of digits. With only 5-digit numbers, you were able to subscribe to 765 channels (more with some IDs having less digits).

Oh joy. Great update.
    The server (with more than 500 channels) will work, but user who want to subscribe more than 500 channels have to use
    "Subscribe to all channels" under Tools -> Options -> Application or Use Toggle channel subscribe mode: Subscribe all button in your toolbar.

Using the button is the best solution for big servers.

Quote Originally Posted by phitriz View Post
    So I have the following issue since updating, for the past years I've been using AltGr (right alt on a german keyboard) to toggle mute in Teamspeak, since this update both ALT keys are considered the same key. This is super annoying, since I use left alt all the time for special characters and I don't want it to toggle my mute state.

Please tell me this is a bug and not consider expected behavior with this update.
    We will fix this and problems with other keys: See http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/129487 for more details
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

That workaround is a bit cheap. Though Karl Lagerfeld was right when he once said "Wer 500 Channel hat, hat die Kontrolle über seinen Server verloren." (or something like that), implementing this with a hardcoded limit of 500 is a bit strange.
    I lol'd hard.

Last edited by ScP; February 8th, 2017 at 11:49 AM.

[MAC] [CRASH] Copy & paste shortcuts dont work, pasting produces crash

Hey Teamspeak Team,

recently i noticed that my teamspeak crashes when i want to paste text with shortcuts in the poke dialogue.
    Furthermore, i wont be able to copy and paste text with shortcuts in the whole teamspeak application.
    I guess its because of the missing "Edit" menu bar item? I dont really now, because it worked 2 month ago.

Im attaching the crash report noticed above.

Have a great day
    -Luca
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dante696; February 9th, 2017 at 08:45 AM. Reason: merged

Hey,

on macOS Sirra 10.12.3 TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.1.1 Beta 2 crashes when I want to open the preferences.

Update 1:
    Here is my log file (https://pastebin.com/88mQumz5). On top of this when the teamspeak 3 client crashes this (http://prntscr.com/e702uc) window opens.

Best wishes
    TopMax
    Last edited by TopMax; February 10th, 2017 at 04:14 PM.

Which device are you using?
    I can't reproduce both crashes on my mac book.

The crash reports have been send to a developer.

Update 1: I will update my OS X from 10.12.2 to 10.12.3 and will retest both.
    Update 2: Still no crashes here and copy paste via cmd + c/v works fine. Even with macOS Addon installed.
    Last edited by dante696; February 9th, 2017 at 09:29 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Hello. I would like to download the beta version of TS so I can use a volume control plugin. How do I get the beta version to download? Do I do it from within the TS client or here on the TS website? Thanks in advance!!!!

That part is explained in the main thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    To receive this update, you'll need to enable beta updates by selecting "Beta" in Settings -> Options -> Application -> Update Channel.

Thread Information