Forum

Latest changes in client 3.1

ANT! DO NOT READ IF EASILY BUTTHURT.

So i didnt update my teamspeak in a while and just got to do it. Thats when i realized that youre now in need of an online account in order to login. Youre also not able to export and import your ID anymore while the account doesnt work on more than a single device as i cant login to my account on either phone or other computers. It only works on the one single computer where i actually created my account.

So, i had a 100 people teamspeak server, bought the app on 3 different google accounts and ive been always happy with your program, however i just resigned my ts3 server and uninstalled the program on any device that i have since im not able to connect to it right now anyway.

I USED THIS PROGRAM FOR MY JOB IT WAS NECESSARY FOR ME TO HAVE ACCESS TO MY SERVER WITH MY PERSONAL ID AT ANY GIVEN TIME.
    THE CHANGES ARE FUCKING SHIT! ALL IT DOES IT PHISHING SOME NICE E-MAIL ADRESSES FOR YOU WHICH WILL GIVE THE CUSTOMER SPAM-MAIL CANCER AND YOURSELF A BAG OF MONEY.

Fuck off teamspeak, DISCORD is the thing now.

Good bye.

It's sad to read this but what you report here is in fact not true and can be explained.

1. You do not have to use any account to use TeamSpeak.
    You still can use the client without any account.
    The account is optional and only needed in case you plan to use feature like sync or badges.

2. We are no interested in your email or personal data, but somehow we need to offer you the ability to register or restore your account.
    The used email address will not be used for anything else that you can control.
    The account (including identities and bookmarks )is encrypted and only you have access to the content.

3. We allow more than 1 login at the same time (does not matter which device you use).

4. Import / Export feature for identities still exist, but is no longer shown by default, becasue Sync does not need any export.
    You can do a right-click on target identity for and export and a right-click into an empty line does offer the import.

5. The reason why you can not connect is mostly the same.

I guess your host has an invalid SRV record set.
    Fixing that as the hoster or using the Server IP as customer is the solution to solve this.
    • Much network related code has been improved when implementing IPv6 support. As a result the TeamSpeak Client now rejects most invalid SRV records. While some invalid SRV records were previously accepted and would work, this is no longer the case. Please see RFC2782 for proper SRV records.
    • Additionally, TSDNS servers are now required to return IP address(es). This was always the only supported configuration (and the only intended one), however old clients also accepted domain name strings which the new client will not anymore as a result of improving the network code while implementing IPv6.

Most notable misconfigurations that previously may have worked, but will not work / be accepted by client 3.1.0 and newer:
    • SRV records that have an IP address as target (Invalid as per the RFC)
    • TSDNS servers returning strings that are not an IP address (never officially supported, now rejected).

When receiving a warning regarding an unsupported configuration upon connect it means that the domain you're connecting to is missing an SRV record.
    Last edited by dante696; February 6th, 2017 at 03:05 PM. Reason: more added to point 2
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information