Forum

Teamspeak notification (unable to decrypt data)

Hello,

Since i updated i made an account on the teamspeak.com website to synchronize my settings, bookmarks, identities,.... Now everytime i log in in the Teamspeak client i'm getting this message : "My Teamspeak Notification, unable to decrypt data, please apply data encryption key" ????

Last night it totally went wrong i lost all my identities, all my bookmarks, all my settings. I'm a server administrator of several servers so this was VERY annoying !! Luckily i have identity backups but it keeps giving the samen notice.

Also when i save something like bookmarks it's saved in "Local bookmarks" and not "synchronised bookmarks" as it should be because i'm logged in.

Please help me out !!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This message appears, when you did resetyour password as an example.
    You have to enter the key that the client gave you after first login. That you hopefully wrote down.
    Just click on the message or the status bar icon to open the Recovery dialog.

Without the key you must use fallback to reset your account. This will clear your account items (Bookmarks & identities) and the client generates a new key
    The client will upload the current cached items into your account.
    Last edited by dante696; December 1st, 2018 at 11:09 AM. Reason: updated informations
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I have never gotten this notice until I added the new badge this morning. I logged in through the Client, secured the badge and went back to TS to continue a discussion with a friend of mine. The new badge showed next to my name. 30 seconds later I started getting the same message everyone else is talking about. Why? I'm logged in correctly. . .only difference seems to be the badge. The message recycles every minute or two. . .annoying as hell. What gives?
    Last edited by dante696; August 16th, 2018 at 02:23 PM. Reason: moved to right thread

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon409 View Post
    I have never gotten this notice until I added the new badge this morning. I logged in through the Client, secured the badge and went back to TS to continue a discussion with a friend of mine. The new badge showed next to my name. 30 seconds later I started getting the same message everyone else is talking about. Why? I'm logged in correctly. . .only difference seems to be the badge. The message recycles every minute or two. . .annoying as hell. What gives?
    Fine, I'll answer this myself. The problem is that if you open TS and then log into the server, this stupid message will haunt you till you either give it what it wants. . .or. . .simply log off the server and it goes away. I thought the "Jedi Badge" was a cool idea. . .I can do without it to eliminate the aggravating message.

The Badge is not the reason why you get the message.
    It's a problem with the account encryption (99,9999% reset of myTS password) where the client needs to know your Recovery Key.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

unable to decript data.

When I start team speak i get this message. Unable to decrypt data please apply encryption backup key. I have no idea what they are talking about.
    Last edited by dante696; December 1st, 2018 at 11:09 AM. Reason: merged

No recovery key, so how do I continue?

I lost my recovery key when my computer crashed, and now, on the new computer ... I have nothing. I had to change my password, so I really, really have nothing.

Ok, I got that. I read some posts. The past (a LOT of information) is now permanently lost.

But, I can't use TS3 at all, because it refuses to go past the part about my encryption. I have no idea what to do next, nor how to even get TS3 to allow me to move forward.

(Sadly, I'm learning one of the reasons "Discord" is becoming so popular.)
    Last edited by dante696; December 2nd, 2018 at 09:09 PM. Reason: merged

In your case you do a fallback if you have no backup of the recovery key.

Your synced data are lost already after your did reset your password but had no recovery of the key backup.
    Last edited by dante696; December 3rd, 2018 at 12:55 AM.

How do I reset the account? I can't find "fallback".

You can click the notification or there should be a yellow exclamation mark that you cab do a right click.

These will open a new window asking you to enter the recovery key or the Fallback button.

I clicked Fallback, and it gives me a new key, so now all my data is lost. Fine. However, when I go to use TS3, it won't let me. What am I doing wrong?

What do you mean with it won't let you????

Thread Information