Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MacOS Client crashes opening options

Edit by staff
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    We found the issue and will release an hotfix today to fix the crash (It will be client version 3.1.1.1).
    The reason was the CTRL key as hotkey which was broken.

After update 3.1.1.1 you have to redo all hotkeys where M_ is shown under Preferences -> Hotkey.
    This will be fixed in a normal update.
    ........Original text below........

Hey community,

on macOS Sierra 10.12.3 TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.1.1 [Stable] crashes when I want to open the options.

Here is my log file (https://pastebin.com/gF8eSpBc). On top of this when the teamspeak 3 client crashes this (http://prntscr.com/e702uc) window opens and I can send a bug report.

TopMax
    Last edited by dante696; February 21st, 2017 at 10:27 AM.

Please close the client and try renaming your config and cache. Then try to start the client again, does it work now? Also please attach the crashdump.
    PS: why do you recreate the same post 3 times?
    Last edited by Chris; February 16th, 2017 at 08:59 AM.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Please close the client and try renaming your config and cache. Then try to start the client again, does it work now? Also please attach the crashdump.
    same problem here.. cleared cache, nothing helps ..

Teamspeak 3.1.1 crashes every time I open settings

Opening Teamspeak not only prevents me from opening my settings, I am also unable to use my push to talk. So when I enter a channel, I'm unable to speak with anyone in said channel. I tried to fix that by opening my settings, however it promptly crashes and gives me an option to send the report. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, everything.

https://gyazo.com/662ab54c19b81cb7798d3c77d896f4a3
    This is in the crash logs, my guess is that is has something to do with my FN key - however how can I access my settings to change that when it crashes each time I open it?

Client crashing: Unable to access preferences, unable to talk

After the latest update (client 3.1.1) was released, I just updated my client today and noticed that my mic was not working and I was pressing my hotkey. I tried to access my preferences but the client crashes upon pressing command comma, and a crash error pops up asking for the crash report. I've tested my mic and it is working fine, but without being able to access my preferences I can't change my push-to-talk settings, and in turn nothing goes through. Please fix this, I'd really appreciate it. xD
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by dante696; February 17th, 2017 at 08:24 AM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritthaliaa View Post
    After the latest update (client 3.1.1) was released, I just updated my client today and noticed that my mic was not working and I was pressing my hotkey. I tried to access my preferences but the client crashes upon pressing command comma, and a crash error pops up asking for the crash report. I've tested my mic and it is working fine, but without being able to access my preferences I can't change my push-to-talk settings, and in turn nothing goes through. Please fix this, I'd really appreciate it. xD
    Yes same problem here.
    Im using OS X Sierra 10.12.3 MBP 15" Early 2011
    Every time i try to access my preferences the client crash.
    For now i installed the old 3.1.0.1 again. But there comes this info now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2017-02-17 um 10.25.22.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	15033
    but by take ignore the client still works.

BTW: Teamviewer is NOT on the system!!!!!!

Please send me the following files in a zip via private message. If you want to you can password protect the zip file (just mention the password in the PM).

settings.db
    settings.db-pre_sync
    all client log files.

Then go ahead and rename the settings.db to something else, then start the client. It will not have any data anymore but you'll be able to use it.
    That way we should be able to reproduce and hopefully fix the issue.

Also you didn't specify your operating system!
    Last edited by Chris; February 17th, 2017 at 12:36 PM.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

I delete the complete (/users/USERNAME/Library/Application\ Support/TeamSpeak\ 3/) path - open teamspeak again - no changes - teamspeak crashes when I want to open the preferences every time.
    PS: first the beta is now stable and so the discussion is closed, second it moved or something like else to the client discussion of macOS but I want a bug report so I open this post.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Please send me the following files in a zip via private message. If you want to you can password protect the zip file (just mention the password in the PM).

settings.db
    settings.db-pre_sync
    all client log files.

Then go ahead and rename the settings.db to something else, then start the client. It will not have any data anymore but you'll be able to use it.
    That way we should be able to reproduce and hopefully fix the issue.

Also you didn't specify your operating system!
    Hey Chris,

where do i find these files??

The files are located under /Library/Application Support/TeamSpeak 3/
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I had the same problem until now. It worked for me to delete the TeamSpeak 3 folder in /Library/Application Support

Me too.

I'm having the exact same issue. This is why I hate updating teamspeak, nine times out of ten it'll break something then you're stuck. Last time it broke my key binds, this time I can't get into preferences. Just keeps crashing. Please push a fix update ASAP.

Same..

Hello,

I have the same problem... I'm French and that very angry.

Any additional solutions? I deleted my Teamspeak 3 folder in application support, rebooted, however still running into it disconnecting after trying to access my preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by TS3HelpPlease View Post
    Any additional solutions? I deleted my Teamspeak 3 folder in application support, rebooted, however still running into it disconnecting after trying to access my preferences.
    I honestly have no idea how to fix this. I have done everything I can think of including reinstalling it at least 5 times.

Thread Information