Forum

Mac OS v3.1.1 FN Hotkey Does not work

I upgraded this morning to the latest version, and found that the hoykey functionality in the 3.1.1 version does not recognize the FN key on MacOS. I had to roll back to v3.1.0.1 version to keep this functionality.
    Last edited by dante696; February 17th, 2017 at 08:34 AM. Reason: merged

Fn key not working for 3.1.1 [Mac]

Hello, I am running TeamSpeak version 3.1.1 on the Stable version on OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 and ever since i update my client to 3.1.1 , my usual push to talk key- the fn key (bottom-left corner) is not working and i am not able to set it as the Fn key either.

Is there any solution to this? I'd really appreciate your comments, thanks .

3.1.1 Mac OS FN Bug

Hello,

Just yesterday, I opened TeamSpeak to find that there was an update available (3.1.1) on my MacBook Pro. I downloaded and installed said update and found that, when I opened TeamSpeak, all of the Hotkeys that I had set were displaying "Error" under the Hotkeys settings page. Trying to reset them, I clicked on the Push-To-Talk selection and tried to set my "fn" (function) key on my MacBook Pro as the Push-To-Talk. TeamSpeak seems to no longer recognize or allow the fn key to be the Push-To-Talk. I have had mine set to that for 4 years, is there any way to change this?

Thanks.

This is currently not a bug.
    The FN Key is currently not supported in the new hotkey system on OS X.

Our developers will try to add the functionality back, but they can't promise anything.

I wonder what other Keys you had set before when your hotkeys where broken.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Yeas this IS a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by ejohn20 View Post
    I upgraded this morning to the latest version, and found that the hoykey functionality in the 3.1.1 version does not recognize the FN key on MacOS. I had to roll back to v3.1.0.1 version to keep this functionality.

I tried installing the older version that actually worked, well now the thing dont work at all...

thanks for the years and bye!

Angry Macbook Fn key no longer able to be assigned as hotkey or PTT key??

I've been using the Fn key on my Macbook Air for my push to talk key for many years. Now today after updating to Version 3.1.1.1 (2/21/17 04:16:30), the Fn key is not supported any more. When I checked, I was greeted with the notice that my existing push to talk key was "Invalid".

All I can as is "Why?" Why was the Fn key removed as a key to be used for push to talk or other hotkeys?
    Last edited by dante696; February 26th, 2017 at 08:48 AM. Reason: merged

TS 'rewrote' the hotkey module recently, and now the Fn key is no longer programmable. For some reason, they thought that having the Fn key work only in combination with the keys across the top (F1 through F12) to allow Mac users to use F keys for Hotkeys was a brilliant idea.

I suggest that they provide a choice of using Fn key either as it has been in legacy software or use it for F1-F12 key use.

Somehow, I doubt that they will be able to do it, because I'm guessing they are using a totally different keyboard library now.

I still have not found a better key to replace the Fn key on my Macbook Air keyboard for Push to Talk. Suggestions welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
    For some reason, they thought that having the Fn key work only in combination with the keys across the top (F1 through F12) to allow Mac users to use F keys for Hotkeys was a brilliant idea.
    That is not the case. We did not remove the ability to use the Fn key on purpose.
    We do not receive the input of that the Fn from the operation system since we changed the system.

Our developer hasn't found a way yet to enable the ability to use that key.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Issues with clients 3.1.1 -> 3.1.1.1 -> 3.1.2 -> 3.1.3

[F]irst post, be gentle. :^)

Hello there,
    I have had similar issues to other posters in regards to the 3.1.1 and 3.1.1.1 clients – it crashed soon after the launch of the client.

To fix the issue with both of the clients I wiped the client and config from my computer using Terminal and reinstalled an older version. This caused some issues with config compatibility and gave me a warning on every launch. This was better however than not being able to use the application at all.

That being said, I was sceptical when a new update prompt came up, asking me to update to 3.1.2. Although, I wanted to try and download the update. Surprisingly enough, the program worked perfectly fine and I used it for one, maybe two days. Then there came the next, 3.1.3 update.

It was about an hour ago when I updated the client. When I launched it I could not use my FN key bind to talk. Firstly I thought it got reset with the update, but boy was I wrong. In the Capture Options I tried to reassign the FN key to Push-To-Talk, but it just did not work. I pressed every single key on the keyboard, with an exception for the Power and Escape key – with no effect. None of the keys were able to be assigned and even when I tried to get back from the key assigning feature, the Escape key did not work immediately, but after a few tries and a few seconds of holding it down.

The button which I press to assign a new key says:
    “Missing hotkey plugin (Default)”.

The Client Log says:
    25/03/2017 02:24:45 KeyBindings Warning Can't bind FN key as there is no USB translation for that key
    25/03/2017 02:24:45 KeyBindings Warning Failed to convert legacy hotkey to new hotkey format KeyboardM_FN

I tried the “old” trick of wiping the client and settings/config with Terminal and reinstalling the last working client, 3.1.2 (which in this case, at the moment of writing this post, is available from the official sources). This time however the bug persisted to the older client (!). The older client which worked fine previously, now has the bug of the newest, 3.1.3 client.

I know that the developers are active on the forum and try to gather information and try to help the users as much as they can, so hopefully you will be able to help me too!

Best regards,
    pinkguy
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by dante696; March 27th, 2017 at 01:42 PM. Reason: merged

Push to talk hotkeys not working

Hello

Since the latest Teamspeak3 updates in 2017, no hotkey I bind to my push to talk will work. I am not talking about the FN button, I know it is currently not supported in the new hotkey system on OS X. I am talking about no matter what I set my push to talk to, it won't work - even if I only have Teamspeak open.
    The bind I have always used was the FN button - but now that it is gone, i want to use the 'control' button right next to the FN button instead.

I use Imac - macOS Sierra, version 10.12.4 and Teamspeak3 - 3.1.4

Here is what I have tried so far to fix the issue and has not worked:

- Reseted Nvram and SMC

- Tried to download older versions of Teamspeak3, but the problem persists there and no bind works.

- Checked my Accessibility and enabled my Teamspeak 3 Client via this link: hhttp://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/47071-Global-Hotkeys-not-working?p=203333#post203333

I sincerely hope you can help.

The message you got there is familiar on my TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.1.4, "Missing hotkey plugin".

And it looks like a lot of us, mac users, are using the "fn" as the Push-To-Talk (PTT) hotkey.

I also walked the path through the System settings › Privacy and Security > Available spot, and have removed the previous TeamSpeak 3 from here and re applied it so is should be allowed for the App TeamSpeak 3 Client to have control of my mac. -> did not work ...

So, all hands, need help from the pro's on this one and I appreciate every effort, time and visdom to provide a solutions for us who uses the "fn" as our PTT hotkey, thank you.

Z

Thread Information