Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Client crash after updating to latest 3.1.1 & 3.1.1.1

It will not start any more after updating the client.

The clients said that there was a update and let it auto update.

After updating the client I was presented with the error_report window.

It will not start any more, only the error_report window shows up.

Major *oops* for the testing team

Information you presented: 0.5

Please provide the client logs:
    - the session where the update was initiated
    - the session which was launched with the update completed
    - any session which you had the error in
    Also please upload the crashdump.

You may also want to send (in PM) your settings.db, settings_6.db
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

I deleted the Teamspeak folder in Application Support and it keeps crashing now on start-up.

It created new standard settings*.db files.

Where do you want the crashdump uploaded?

Its probably a good idea that you remove the MacOS 3.1.1 client download from the downloads section. You can expect a shit storm about this.

I've the same problem even after removing the Teamspeak 3 folder from Application Support.

/var/log/system:
    Code:
    notifyChanges:toListWithIdentifier:] Notified of item changes to list with identifier com.apple.LSSharedFileList.RecentApplications
    Feb 18 19:32:46 Filippos-iMac-20981 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.teamspeak.TeamSpeak3.537632[17422]): Service exited with abnormal code: 5
    Feb 18 19:32:46 Filippos-iMac-20981 loginwindow[98]: -[SFLListManager(ServiceReplyProtocol) notifyChanges:toListWithIdentifier:] Notified of item changes to list with identifier com.apple.LSSharedFileList.RecentApplications
    Feb 18 19:32:52 Filippos-iMac-20981 loginwindow[98]: ERROR | -[PersistentAppsSupport saveLogoutPersistentState:finalSnapshot:] | Attempt to insert app with NULL bundle ID
    OS X: 10.11.6 (15G31)

Where can i download the previous version?

I have the same problem: The client just crashes at startup. I have already downloaded the version from the teamspeak website and deleted all data from teamspeak in the ~/Library folder.

By the way: You can download the previous version here: http://ftp.4players.de/pub/hosted/ts...sx-3.1.0.1.dmg

TeamSpeak 3 Mac Client Crashes

Hello:

First, I know I need the crash dump files for optimal help. However, I cannot find them. I have searched under "Application Support" and "%appdata%/TS3client/crashdumps" but could not find any files that didn't look like something I created. So I don't know if I am looking in the wrong spot or what?

I have a Mac OSX 10.10.5. I am getting the message "The TeamSpeak3 file has crashed. There is a debug file..." that has been posted on the forums previously. I have re-downloaded the client multiple times, tried old versions, changed system settings to allow downloading from anything, CCleaner, disabled volume and screen brightness overlays. Essentially, I have been searching the forums and google searches for common errors and trying those fixes out since I cannot find the crashdump files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    TrigNerve
    Last edited by dante696; February 21st, 2017 at 07:05 AM. Reason: merged

The files are located under /Library/Application Support/TeamSpeak 3/crashdumps
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I'm getting the same issue. The error reporter dialog does not give an option to attach a crash report, nor is there a submit button -- my only option is to close the window.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 12.27.36 PM.png 
Views:	382 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	15047

Is this forum the correct place to upload crash reports? Might they contain any sensitive information we wouldn't want to post publicly?

Just close the dialog then.

The forum is not the right place to upload the crash, but you are here already.
    So feel free to attach the zip that can be found under /Library/Application Support/TeamSpeak 3/crashdumps.

The crashdump will show data about your machine, operation system etc, but nothing sensitive that can be abused somewhere.

For all users in this thread:

Is the crash still present with client 3.1.1.1?
    Download: TeamSpeak3-Client-macosx-3.1.1.1.dmg
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Is the crash still present with client 3.1.1.1?
    This version fixes the issue for me. Please let me know if the 3.1.1 crash dump would still be useful to you. Thanks!

Hello,

I got the same problem as the others here. The client crashes for me aswell. I can't read the logfile at all.. for some reason. I'm just gonna upload it here for you. With the version 3.0.1, everything works fine. I updated to 3.1.1.1, and it just crashes at startup.

Also getting this image:

http://forum.teamspeak.com/attachmen...7&d=1487708415

Clicking "Close" won't start TS3.

I really hope that you can help me. I already deleted all TS3-Folders, and reinstalled TS3. But nothing worked...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Getting this crash too, on macOS Sierra 10.12.3 (16D32)

I just tried the latest attempt to fix this with 3.1.1.1 and I'm still getting this crash and I cannot launch TeamSpeak3. Attaching the crashdump.

I spoke too soon. 3.1.1.1 worked once or twice, but now it has reverted to the same error window with no option to close. I'm on OS 10.11.6. Latest crash dump attached.

Thank for helping us for your feedback and attached crashdumps.
    Our developers already working on this. That's all I can say at this moment.

Hey, same here.
    3.1.1 and 3.1.1.1 worked a while(until yesterday) and now the client instantly crashes.
    3.0.1 works great.

I attached some crash dumps.

Mac OS 10.12.3 (16D32)

Thread Information