Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Client permissions area

On my squads team speak server we have noticed that the options for client permissions seems to have been messed up some how. I have attached an image of what it looks like now. I have access to a few different team speak servers and all of them are like this. Not aware of any one that has admin access changing anything. If needed a fresh install can be done but I was hoping to see if there are any other things to try 1st.

Thanks Sabre
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looks perfectly normal to me.
    Just drag the user you want to change the client permissions of onto the left side and the right side will be enabled. Alternatively right click a user in the channel tree -> Permissions -> Client permissions.

Without a user selected there isn't anything you can change since client permissions are specific to a certain client (hence the name).
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Hi Chris thanks for the quick reply. Can what you suggested be done by all people in a group rather then doing it indivdualy?

if you want to give permissions to everyone in a group, why not just edit the group permissions instead?
    Client permissions are intended for giving permission to a very few select people which doesn't warrant setting up a group for.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Helloez.

I've found some topics about this, but haven't got to know how exactly make client to allow Text Chat & Poke to be used by everyone who's online. We have pw for the client so there won't be any unwanted ppl & if be then doing ban is easy. So giving the right for everyone & not just to some members. For some reason rules had reset done earlier this year :/ Here's image of one of the Tabs in Permissions area.

Not sure if Text Chat & Poke permission given to all via that Tab & if so then need to put one by one via each Channel :/ Shame that haven't found / don't have place in settings where put marker on: Allow members to Text Chat & Poke. Please help. Argh what a coding here.. Had to relog when went to upload attachment & wasn't afk longer than 5mins so surely wasn't thrown out cause of that. When clicked submit reply i got a screen where said that you logged in before "something" so go back with back button and reload that page.. Tried it & didn't work. Now Copying this and relogging completely..

Kind Regards: Confused & Ts3 supporter with paying account.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Not sure if this right Tab to allow ppl to Text Chat.. If so then frustrating cause need to do f.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	322.2 KB 
ID:	15011   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Not sure if this right Tab to allow ppl to Text Chat.. If so then frustrating cause need to do f.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	322.2 KB 
ID:	15010  
    Last edited by Chris; February 16th, 2017 at 10:00 AM.

You're setting up channel permissions, those are only valid for the channel they're set on.
    If you want people to have permissions on the entire server put them into the relevant server group.

Thread Information