Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

callback documentation

Hi,

is there somewhere a documentation about the callback functions??

I'm looking for a callback that is triggered when someone joins or leaves my channel. The only one that i found is ts3plugin_onClientMoveEvent. But that is for the whole server. A workaround is to check whether the oldID or newID is the same as the one i'm in. But i couldn't find a function that returns the channel id i'm currently in.

Any help about those functions??

There are docs in the download archive.

ts3plugin_onClientMoveEvent is the only event to achieve something like this and your described way is imho the only possible solution to your problem. (But keep in mind, that there are other callbacks triggered for client movements like kicked, moved by another user, ...)

Use getClientID to get your id and getChannelOfClient to get the channel you are in.

thank you that getChannelFromClient was what i was looking for.

Are those Kick, moveMoved,.. Alternative callbacks, or additional callbacks??

And what callbacks are for Connect/disconnect of others?? i found the one for myselfe, but not for other users.

Quote Originally Posted by GT-Anakin View Post
    Are those Kick, moveMoved,.. Alternative callbacks, or additional callbacks??
    Those are additional callbacks. So if a client was moved by another user, ts3plugin_onClientMoveEvent won't be called, but ts3plugin_onClientMoveMovedEvent is called instead (same for the other callbacks).

And what callbacks are for Connect/disconnect of others?? i found the one for myselfe, but not for other users.
    ts3plugin_onClientMoveEvent is called everytime, a client enters or has left your view. So this is called, whenever a client joined the server (and you subscribed his default channel) or comes from a channel you did not subscribe to (analogous for disconnected clients). Third option is when a client moves to another channel and you subscribed both the old and the new one (retained).

what does subscribe mean?? Do i automatically subscribe a channel?? I haven't made much with TS and i just know some basics (connect, change channel, talk, chat)

If you subscribe to a channel (if you have permissions to do so), you'll see the clients in that channel. Try rightclick -> (un)subscribe on a channel.

The channel you are currently in, is of course automatically subscribed.

Ah i see in german it is "abonnieren"

how can i find out someone disconnected/connected?? You said that the move event is triggered. But how can i test if it was a connect/disconnect/move?? There is no kind of status parameter

If they moved to channel id 0 you will know they disconnected.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

I tried to just print every event and it seams that when someone disconnected the id is no longer valid and i cannot get the name of the one who disconnected

Yes, the user is no longer on the server at the time, as such the client ID is invalid and you cannot query any information about that client.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

So there is no way to get the information about who disconnected except saving the names of all on the server and compare with the new list after someone disconnected right??

If you have to know the name of the client who disconnected, then yes you'll have to maintain a local mapping of client ids to nicknames e.g. QHash<anyID, QString> (or its STL counterpart if you don't need/use Qt already).

hi there,

i just wonder about the different between onNewChannelEvent and onNewChannelCreatedEvent
    and between onChannelUpdateEvent and onChannelUpdateEditedEvent

i just wonder about the different between onNewChannelEvent and onNewChannelCreatedEvent
    onNewChannelEvent is fired whenever a new channel enters your view. Eg. when you connect, you'll get this event for every existing channel. onNewChannelCreatedEvent is fired when a new channel is created (by a client).

and between onChannelUpdateEvent and onChannelUpdateEditedEvent
    onChannelUpdateEditedEvent is fired when a client changed some channel variables. onChannelUpdateEvent is called, when the client "refreshed" the channel variables from the server (so clicking in the tree may trigger this).

is there a callback to inform me that the client is muted (because he switched to a different server)??

I found this:

Code:
    void ts3plugin_onClientSelfVariableUpdateEvent(uint64 serverConnectionHandlerID, int flag, const char* oldValue, const char* newValue) {

if (flag == CLIENT_INPUT_HARDWARE)
    	{
    		// from speak to mute
    		if (atoi(oldValue) == 1 && atoi(newValue) == 0)
    		{
    			getController(serverConnectionHandlerID)->debugPrint("muted");
    		}
    		// from mute to speak
    		else if (atoi(oldValue) == 0 && atoi(newValue) == 1)
    		{
    			getController(serverConnectionHandlerID)->debugPrint("unmuted");
    		}
    		// this should not happen
    		else
    		{
    			getController(serverConnectionHandlerID)->debugPrint("This should not happen");
    		}
    	}
    }
    But only unmuted is printed. So the client is not informed about changing from state unmute to mute. Is there a different way for that?

Thread Information