Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: DarkenTS Clones

DarkenTS Clones

Hey,

Am I the only one thinking it's getting a bit ridiculous that MyTeamSpeak is getting cluttered with clones of DarkenTS by The_Brady. There's like 4+ variations on there already?

Sure they give credit, but their minor, minor changes.

https://community.teamspeak.com/u/brady_the/
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    Hey,

Am I the only one thinking it's getting a bit ridiculous that MyTeamSpeak is getting cluttered with clones of DarkenTS by The_Brady. There's like 4+ variations on there already?

This is certainly not what I expected or had in mind when I released DarkenTS with a license that allows "remixing, transforming, or building upon". I hoped people would use this opportunity to dive into the topic of style creation a little more in-depth.

I wonder how many myTS releases are badge related.
    Last edited by Brady_The; February 28th, 2017 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady_The View Post
    This is certainly not what I expected or had in mind when I released DarkenTS with a license that allows "remixing, transforming, or building upon". I hoped people would use this opportunity to dive into the topic of style creation a little more in-depth.

I wonder how many myTS releases are badge related.
    Yeah, I love seeing new stuff related but this is all just stuff being trivially changed so that they get these badges and can have their claim to fame. I feel like your work is being misused here just for a new type of spam.

I really hope we start seeing more actual content, plugins etc. I would love to start releasing/developing public webtools rather than just private too, but hey. I can't publish them somewhere respectable.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    Hey,

Well, I did also make a 'clone' of Brady's style, but that was pretty much for my own usage, and I thought why not upload it here, and then someday remake it completely? But I get what you are saying, and I also know that the changes that is made are VERY minor in most of the styles... But hey, some of the styles are actually pretty awesome, and then people can choose their favorite without having to change it themselves if they don't know how to make it how they like

I hope you understand what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by Fido2603 View Post
    Well, I did also make a 'clone' of Brady's style, but that was pretty much for my own usage, and I thought why not upload it here, and then someday remake it completely? But I get what you are saying, and I also know that the changes that is made are VERY minor in most of the styles... But hey, some of the styles are actually pretty awesome, and then people can choose their favorite without having to change it themselves if they don't know how to make it how they like

I hope you understand what I mean
    This is the thing, you're all re-uploading his theme with these minor changes which I really can't see how they can be justifiably different enough to be worthy of being posted on the addons page.

At this rate the addons page will just be cluttered with themes that have minor CSS changes just because people want the badge, yet don't deserve it.

There are already 7 addons in relation to DarkenTS, this is too many in my opinion and the only ones worthy of publishing are The_Bradys. This may just be my opinion but I'm just speaking up before it gets ridiculous.

Thread Information