Forum

Member add / remove power problem (failed on i_client_needed_permission_modify_power)

Hello! I would like members of [game clan group] to be able to move [guest] group members into the [friend] group, but they're getting permission error with i_client_needed_permission_modify_power.

Why do my [game clan group] members not able to assign [guest] into the [friend] group? Why is the error given related to the permission to modify the group? I don't want my clan members to be able to modify permissions of the groups, just add/remove members between the lower groups.

Here are the groups I have, each with slightly lower permissions than the group above:

Main Admin
    Jr Admin
    Game Clan Group
    Friend

Channel group permissions are the standard 4 and all of them have all of the "member" permissions removed in the Group>Modify list to make sure they don't override server group permissions.

There are also no client permissions or channel involved, as the Group>Modify>"member" permissions are all removed as well.

[jr admin]:
    member add: 70
    needed member add: 75
    member remove: 70
    needed member remove: 75
    i_client_needed_permission_modify_power: 75

[game clan group]:
    member add: 60
    needed member add: 70
    member remove: 60
    needed member remove: 70

[friend]:
    member add: [permission removed]
    needed member add: 60
    member remove: [permission removed]
    needed member remove: 60

[guest]:
    member add: [permission removed]
    needed member add: 60
    member remove: [permission removed]
    needed member remove: 60

Remove i_client_needed_permission_modify_power from last 3 groups (also from Jr Admin in case this group can not modify permissions).

Adding i_client_needed_permission_modify_power to all groups is not needed as long your non Admin groups do not have any i_client_permission_modify_power AND Grant values set on permissions.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? ||NPL (Registration)

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Remove i_client_needed_permission_modify_power from last 3 groups (also from Jr Admin in case this group can not modify permissions).

Adding i_client_needed_permission_modify_power to all groups is not needed as long your non Admin groups do not have any i_client_permission_modify_power AND Grant values set on permissions.
    Would I remove that permission from the Jr Admin group if I don't want them to be able to modify permissions?

No you would remove their i_permission_modify_power and/or i_channel_permission_modify_power and/or i_client_permission_modify_power or Grant on target permission.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? ||NPL (Registration)

Okay. I guess I don't understand why both i_permission_modify_power exists and i_client_needed_permission_modify_power exist at the same time.

What does one do that the other doesn't do? Why do we have both?

1 says you can modify permissions the other one says you need at least a i_client_permission_modify_power with value X to modify client permissions.

Unhappy (failed on i_client_needed_permission_modify_power)

Hello.
    Before i started, sorry for my english.
    When i have Server Admin permissions modify power 75, and needed permissions modify power 75 i can't modify channels.
    Why?
    Last edited by dante696; November 7th, 2018 at 11:25 AM. Reason: merged

Post full permission overview. Most likely missing Grant.

Assigning groups (failed on i_client_needed_permission_modify_power)

insufficient client permissions (failed on i_client_needed_permission_modify_power)
    Admin group has client permission modify power of 55
    The group I want to be able to assign has a needed assign power of 40.

I have been trying to fix this group issue for days. I've searched the forums, google, and still no luck fixing this.

First image is 'admin' group (not default server admin)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dca5bdc17c83db18e005c3411de9492a.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	17257

Second image is the group the 'admin' group cannot assign to self or anyone.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0b2f5872114c1b61cd1ecfd5ddbbe4d5.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	2.3 KB 
ID:	17258
    Last edited by dante696; November 7th, 2018 at 11:25 AM. Reason: merged

Target user has a i_client_needed_permission_modify_power which is higher than executing user's current i_client_permission_modify_power.

Check the permissions overview of that target and executing user (right click on that users -> Permissions). Not only the permissions of these one groups.
    Last edited by dante696; November 7th, 2018 at 02:07 PM. Reason: merged

Thread Information