Forum

Thread: Hide IP's

Hide IP's

hello, im a long time user of teamspeak (around 2 years) and i have seen no problems with it, i even tried making the switch to discord and decided to come back to teamspeak. One thing i would like to see changed on teamspeak that discord has the advantage over is hiding client ip's. I donot see why the owner of the server or anyone as a matter of fact should be able to see the ips of server users. Please change this as it causes difficulty with joining some servers as people are afraid of having their ip's grabbed and then ddossed.

Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by Classicjj0 View Post
    hello, im a long time user of teamspeak (around 2 years) and i have seen no problems with it, i even tried making the switch to discord and decided to come back to teamspeak. One thing i would like to see changed on teamspeak that discord has the advantage over is hiding client ip's. I donot see why the owner of the server or anyone as a matter of fact should be able to see the ips of server users.
    Bans.

Quote Originally Posted by Classicjj0 View Post
    Please change this as it causes difficulty with joining some servers as people are afraid of having their ip's grabbed and then ddossed.
    If people have paranoia, they better see a psychic. Immediately.

Clasicjj0, as long as you have access to the OS console, you can identify the IP of every server user without even touching Teamspeak. Use a packet sniffer as tcpdump or a bandwidth monitor like iftop. These are for Linux, and for Windows there are such tools as well. The IPs of the users cannot be hidden if the server admin is really looking for them - that's technically impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    If people have paranoia, they better see a psychic. Immediately.
    Well, a psychic is only helpful to reveal a hidden IP address. In case of paranoia, you should visit a psychiatrist instead.

I knew something was wrong about that term.

Thread Information