Forum

[Suggestion] Invisible for others on the server.

Hello everybody!

First of all - i am from Austria - so my english could be a lil hard to understand sometimes xD.

Well - I use Teamspeak nearly every day. I'm playing WoW on a german server and i also play other online-games with friends while talking in TS.

My Suggestion would be the "Sneak into Channel"-Option. What is it? Its simple: if you enter a TS3-Channel, everybody(who has activated it) gets the message "User/Player/Buddy joined your channel". In some cases this can be very disturbing, for example when your explaining something and suddenly anybody joins. I dont wanna set a pw to my room every time i explain anything xD.

So "Sneaking" would be a very good option. When you "Sneak into a channel" - the others will not get informed about it. The best would be, if this option wouldnt be "Open 4 all" - the Server-Admin should be able to give Users/User-Groups the rights to "Sneak" or even remove them. There should also be a option when creating/editing an channel "Forbid sneaking" - so there is no way to get into the Channel whithout informing people in the room(Admins should still be able to sneak in).

It would be great, if you also could insert an option (for admins) to hear if somebody sneaks in. Like "User sneaked into your channel." For example - I got 4 User-Groups. Admin, Mod, Member and Guest. It would be great if you could set an option so that only Admins and Mods(for example) can hear somebody sneaking in.

To "sneak into a channel" you just have to Right-click it and then click the (new) "Sneak in"-Option. If you haven't got the rights to sneak arround, or if the channel is non-sneakable, the option would be unklickable and grey.

the last thing i wanna say is, that i dont wanna enable "Invisible Serverwalking". Everybody should get the information "xyz sneaked into your channel" in the chat-window. I just want to enable it to switch channels without disturbing any1 with "User joined your Channel".

Greets from the sunny Austria!

Wunda

Sorry this is not SpySpeak!

We have a whisper function for communication between 2 or more users.

To prevent that, one could have the option of being notified of sneaking the same way as when someones changing channels. So everybody has the choice to have it quiet or be fully informed. But I don't think this is important or intuitive to most users.

@OP: What about modifying a sound pack where you deactivate those sounds? seems to be the easiest solution for your problem.

Wouldnt it be much easier to simply turn off the notifacations in your client?

lol, my thought exactly XD

Thumbs down

U say that the "Player joined Messages" disturbs u while u explain something. Your solution for the Problem is an Sneak-in option, do u realy think that anyone who has the right to sneak into Channels, use the option to join in your channel while u explain something? Whats with the others who don't have that right, they still disturb u when they join.

I take any bet, the only reason to have an function like that is to spy other channels out.

*** german/flaming part deleted ***
    *** This forum is english only! ***
    Last edited by dante696; June 28th, 2010 at 09:24 AM. Reason: english only and please no flame wars

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    I take any bet, the only reason to have an function like that is to spy other channels out.

*** german/flaming part deleted ***
    *** This forum is english only! ***
    Who cares if he wants to use it to monitor HIS OWN TeamSpeak server? He has a right and good reason too. I don't know what world you are coming from but everything you do is monitored and regulated... even the phone calls you make. Just try not to bash on people. The way I see it, if you own the TS and work and money went into it... why not be aware of the people using this service you are paying for?

Ghost mode

Someone brought up that having like a Ghost mode would be awesome for guilds/clans. Like an option for Admins to make them self invisible to other users so they can listen into peoples convo's to see what they are saying without them knowing hes in the channel.

Hi.

This idea has been brought forth already. It has been rejected and won't be implemented. If you want to find out more information you can search for the term phantom

[SUGGESTION] cannot set invis permission

I am administrater of a tsł server and wanted to set permissions for my second Account named "AdmInvis" , but i cant find the settings in my Teamspeak.
    I can't find it in my permissions options.

http://img839.imageshack.us/i/invis111.jpg/

Can you maybe add this feature for the clients to look at the own server ? It's definatly missing i think, and maybe you think so , too .

This idea has been proposed several times.
    Has been rejected and will not be implemented.

Assign yourself, all neeeded admin permission instead, beeing invisible.
    We don't support spy's Be Admin and use it like an real admin would do. Don't hide yourself, when you are scarred about some users.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Invisible Perk

My suggestion is...to add a feature called invisible. So when you join a channel no one can see or hear you joining the channel.
    Last edited by dante696; July 25th, 2016 at 07:49 AM. Reason: merged, this will not happen

Why does TeamSpeak not have this feature?

TeamSpeak 3 is known for his super complex permissions set, allowing for a permissions setup as complex as a labyrinth and yet it's doesn't have a tool to help on Moderating such as the good ol' Ventrilo Ghost Clients.

I'm sure this has been suggested multiple times and it has been certainly answered a million more but i'm unable to find a thread (Either by not knowing which Keywords to use or being dumb) where i can find an answer to the why of not having this?

I personally run a community where an extra tool such as Ghost clients are super useful as it allows us to quickly check if one of the users is breaking a rule without them knowing about us. I'd like to believe that most of server owners like or at least prefer to deal with Rule Breaking users from the shadows to enable them to catch said offense.

Having in count the aforementioned reason as to why i'm looking for an answer, i'd like to ask you (The one that read the entire thread) not to rant about my lack of knowledge. I'm asking a question nicely, being polite and therefor i expect the same from you.

Cheers!

We just don't like the idea of spying others.
    This is what you do as such ghost, when nobody does know that you are there.

Anyways I'm not sure if such feature would be legal nowadays.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information