Forum

TS3 Issue - Packet Loss

Hi everyone,

First of all, sorry about my english skills.

Since the beginning of my use, TS3 doesn't really work. Indeed, in the differents channels i used, users often got a robotics voice. I can't understand anything.

After a small research, it seems to be like i'm having a packet loss (more than 60%) even if my ping (13) and my connection is good (100 MB/s).

I don't have any idea to solve that issue ! I tried to stop my antivirus (Avast), reinstall, change sounds settings...

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks !

Pc :
    Windows 10
    MSI 970 GTX
    MB : Gygabyte

If you are connected via WLAN, connect your PC with LAN cable. Does the problem persist? If no, then your WLAN is overloaded or you have a bad connection.

Do you have another PC? Friend's notebook for example. Bring it online in the same network as your PC and install TS3 on it. Does it exhibit the same problem? If no, then the cause is somewhere in your PC. If yes, then the the cause is somewhere in your network, but not your PC.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I'm an currently with LAN cable, with I think, a good connection (i put an image with this message). I also don't have any problem with software like discord or skype.

I have another PC and I ll make a test this evening on the same network, It's a good idea. In case that it works, do TS3 has any compatibility issues with some software ? (Avast, window 10...)

Thanks !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture3.PNG 
Views:	301 
Size:	287.7 KB 
ID:	15194

In general, TS3 is stable and doesn't have compatibility problems with any reasonably updated PC. Usually, packet loss is a sign of bad network connectivity, not bad software. Did you try restarting your internet router?

Unfortunately, there is plenty of software that weakens the stability of a PC. Mostly malware, sometimes "helper" software you think is useful, but that actually erodes stability. I don't know if your PC is in good shape.

I tried many times to restarting my router. At the moment, TS3 is really unstable. Sometimes i can handle a conversation, sometimes not (70% of time)

To be honest, I am very strict about my pc and the software I put on it, so I think my PC is in good shape.

Is there is "international server" where i can test my packet loss ? Maybe i got a problem with this server only.

Quote Originally Posted by Razgriz3 View Post
    I tried many times to restarting my router. At the moment, TS3 is really unstable. Sometimes i can handle a conversation, sometimes not (70% of time)

To be honest, I am very strict about my pc and the software I put on it, so I think my PC is in good shape.

Is there is "international server" where i can test my packet loss ? Maybe i got a problem with this server only.
    voice.teamspeak.com

Thats the official public TS3 server.

So, here is an update.

I installed TS3 on my laptop and I tried to talk in the same server as before with a friend. The same problem showed.

Something is strange, they can hear me perfectly, but at my side with their voices, I lost something like 50% of the packets. It looks like only the reception of the sound is fucked up, not the sending..

If the problem is the connection, why they can hear me perfectly ? I'm lost ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture6.PNG 
Views:	449 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	15201

Your internet, routing or router does not work properly. This is not related to TeamSpeak at all. We can't really help you. You can just exclude routing if this happens on all servers you try, no matter what country.

Now you ruled out your PC, let's get to the server. If you connect to the public server operated by Teamspeak (voice.teamspeak.com), does the same packet loss problem exist?

If no, and the problem goes away if you don't connect to your usual server but to voice.teamspeak.com, then it's an issue on your server. In this case you cannot do anything about it but reporting to the admin of that server.

If yes, then the problem is neither the remote server, nor your local PC. It's in between: it begins at the cable you use to plug in your computer to the networking device of your home, and it ends somewhere within the infrastructure of your internet provider. You can check:
    - your network cables (PC to router, router to outlet)
    - your router (configuration: firewall rules, packet filtering rules, QOS settings. If all fails, it may even be the hardware)

Since your bandwidth test gives full bandwidth, the packet loss only seems to be with udp packets. Not tcp packets. Such protocol-specific packet drops are usually not hardware-related, it is due to some firewall rules or packet filtering or QOS rules.

You might try resetting your router to the factory settings. This will usually purge any filtering rules you might have created in error.

Thanks for your answer all.

I was in the public server and had no problem at all, but I can't listen to anyone so.. All channels are blocked. I'll try to find another server where I can find people to talk with.

Then I'll try to change my RJ45 cable from my router to my pc, and between my router and the ligne. And reset my router.

I will give you a update soon !!

So, I'll make an update.

I tried so change my RJ45 cable without a succes.
    I also tried to talk in another ts server and... It works ! So even if i don't know where is the problem with that server, TS 3 works.

Thanks all for your advises.

Thread Information