Forum

Unhappy failed to resolve hostname

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMichael View Post
    The issue is when I launch TeamSpeak, the client will open and I am able to see everything that I need to connect to. Once I type the server IP into the connect field, the whole client will freeze and go into not responding. Issue started this morning and I can't remember if it was after an update or not.

Troubleshooting:
    Cleared AppData folder
    Cleared temp files
    Uninstalled and reinstalled
    Restarted computer
    Restarted Network
    Ran as admin
    Tried different network (Wireless and wired)

Computer running Windows 10 64-bit.
    My name is Will Michael and I have no idea how I got to your post, but I also have simular problem w/ our TS. We got a new address the other day for our clan in WoT. Anyway it won't work for me, I get ; error. It works for everyone else in the clan but not me and I'm the EXO. I will get mine fixed somehow. Are you related with any of the Michael family from upstate NY? Near Fulton or Oswego lake? this would be from a long time ago in the 70's

Unhappy failed to resolve hostname

-= TeamSpeak User =-

I have the same problem, I can connect to some address's and not others? I had this problem before but it was with my own clan's TS.It was a numbers thing? addys w/ numbers work addys w/out numbers and just words, won't work. Help new addy I cant connect to is wot-zomb.enjinvoice.com can someone help,me please the link http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...solve-hostname
    Last edited by dante696; April 4th, 2017 at 06:34 PM. Reason: merged

The SRV record is fine. Have you tried a manual dns resolution with a tool like nslookup or dig? Perhaps your dns configuration is faulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    The SRV record is fine. Have you tried a manual dns resolution with a tool like nslookup or dig? Perhaps your dns configuration is faulty.
    I have no Idea how to even attempt what you just wrote. IDK computers well enough to just bing bang boom, Savvy? Not making fun of you I'm the last of the Baby Boomers If you know what I mean. lol I can fallow instructions to a certain extent. Thanks for the help though!

failed to resolve hostname

I don't know if someone can help me I don't know some of the thingb talked about ive read but im getting an issue of Failed to resolve hostname ive read lots of posts and tried to do somethings but I still cant connect to one of my friends TS server can someone help me please im desperate at this stage

Hostnames always include dots, like in ".com". From your post, I would guess that not having entered dots will be the issue.

Thread Information