Forum

Move permissions from a server hoster to a server i created myself

Hello everybody,

I'm currently hosting a small 10 slot ts3 server at Streamlineservers, but I find it more interesting financialy to host it myself.
    The thing is, I already have all my permissions setup on the Streamline server, and I would like to know if there is a way to copy them to the new server, whitout doing it one permission at a time. I would also like to keep the people in their groups, so everybody keeps their permissions. And ideally, I would like to keep all the logos.
    I found some solutions on this forum such as creating a script to copy it, but i have absolutly zero experience with scripts, so i'd like to know if there is an easier solution.

I hope you can understand what I'm asking for, English is not my native language :)
    Anyways, thanks for your time :)

you can ask your hoster for a snapshot of your virtual server. Then you can just recreate your server from that, everything except files (including icons & avatars) will be there again. You cannot run the snapshot before the server was shut down at your current hoster though.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information