Forum

SRV record doesn't work

Hello,
    I am the owner of teamspeak server from an external hosting.
    I wanted to have a full DNS IP, without port. I made A record, which is working (ts.live4ever.eu:6532), but it's necessary to type a port 6532, So I made SRV record, set it as suggested from teamspeak, but it still doesn't work.. Can you help me figure it out, please ?

I pinned an attachment, which is screen of my settings in A and SRV record.

Thank You in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

works fine. Connect to live4ever.eu and it works.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Oh.. I didn't try that, because I didn't expect it will work for that variant, 'cause my goal was "ts.live4ever.eu" .. So, can you tell me, please, how to add that "ts." before it ? Thanks!

well you created the record for live4ever.eu as indicated in your screenshot. You'd have to create it for ts.live4ever.eu if you want that.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

In "A" record there is ts.live4ever.eu, isn't it ? Or do I have to change it in SRV record ? Cause I can't change that grey-lighted ".live4ever.eu" behind "_ts3._udp"

You seems to not understand the meaning of SRV RR.
    SRV record describes the location of a particular server handling particular service for a given domain.
    It is absolutely unnecessary for the right part of the SRV record to match its left part.
    I.e. if you own a domain example.org but you are renting TS3 server from an ATHP operating from example.com, your SRV recort may look like
    Code:
    _ts3._udp.example.org. IN SRV 1 5 9987 acct123456-example-org.example.com.
    Any [RFC2782] compliant client given "ts3server://example.org" destination would properly locate the service.

I am sorry, but I don't understand this.. I don't know, what do you mean by left and right part of the SRV record, even the "acct123456-example-org.example.com.". I really don't understand, I am beginner in this.. could you, please, write me, what exactly I have to type in ? Thanks a lot !

Quote Originally Posted by JustImpo View Post
    In "A" record there is ts.live4ever.eu, isn't it?
    That doesn't have anything to do with it. That just translates the domain name to an IP address.

Quote Originally Posted by JustImpo View Post
    Or do I have to change it in SRV record ? Cause I can't change that grey-lighted ".live4ever.eu" behind "_ts3._udp"
    since you want to type in a subdomain, you have to create the SRV record on that subdomain. If you cannot change the dropdown then simply change the _ts3._udp to _ts3._udp.ts

Thread Information