Forum

KDE - Can not open links

Hello there,
    I am experiencing problems with opening links posted on TeamSpeak 3 (Chat, Server Banner, Descriptions).
    If I click a link nothing will happen.
    My friends who also use KDE are also experiencing that problem.
    Every other program manages to open the links. TeamSpeak does not.

System Details:
    KDE Plasma Version: 5.9.4
    KDE Frameworks Version: 5.33.0
    Qt Version: 5.7.1
    Kernel Version: 4.8.0-46-generic
    OS Type: 64-bit
    Default Browser: Google Chrome 58.0.3029.81

Error Log after clicking a link:
    kde-open5: ./libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by kde-open5)
    kde-open5: ./libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5KIOWidgets.so.5)
    kde-open5: ./libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5KIOCore.so.5)
    kde-open5: ./libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5I18n.so.5)
    kde-open5: ./libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5CoreAddons.so.5)
    kde-open5: ./libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5JobWidgets.so.5)
    kde-open5: ./libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5Service.so.5)
    kde-open5: ./libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5Completion.so.5)
    kde-open5: ./libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5IconThemes.so.5)
    kde-open5: ./libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5WindowSystem.so.5)
    kde-open5: ./libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5ConfigWidgets.so.5)
    kde-open5: ./libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5WidgetsAddons.so.5)
    kde-open5: ./libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5ConfigGui.so.5)
    kde-open5: ./libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5ConfigCore.so.5)
    kde-open5: ./libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Xml.so.5)
    kde-open5: ./libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5DBusAddons.so.5)
    kde-open5: ./libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5X11Extras.so.5)
    kde-open5: ./libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Svg.so.5)
    kde-open5: ./libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5Archive.so.5)
    kde-open5: ./libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5ItemViews.so.5)
    kde-open5: ./libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5Codecs.so.5)
    kde-open5: ./libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5Auth.so.5)
    kde-open5: ./libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5GuiAddons.so.5)
    Possible solution: Use xdg-open if possible.
    Last edited by Scrumplex; May 6th, 2017 at 11:11 PM.

Possible Workaround:

First of all obtain root:
    $ sudo -i
    Then we will have to move the kde-open5 binary to another place:
    # mv /usr/bin/kde-open5 /usr/bin/kde-open55
    Now we will have to create a bash file which will start our default browser
    # nano /usr/bin/kde-open5
    And paste the text from the following hastebin:

https://hastebin.com/mumanusano.bash

If needed you can change your browser in the first line.

And chmod the file now:
    # chmod +x /usr/bin/kde-open5
    Last edited by Scrumplex; May 7th, 2017 at 12:02 AM.

You should start the client using the supplied start script rather than starting the binary directly.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

The problem is the supplied start script. It contains
    Code:
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=".:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
    which makes TeamSpeak and all subprocesses prefer the Qt5-libs that come with TeamSpeak. This breaks kde-open5, because it uses the KDE framework and that expects to find the system's version of Qt5.
    So, it's just another case of LD_LIBRARY_PATH-misuse. AMD had a similar bug in CodeXL, the correct solution can be found in this thread.

same bug here, no links in KDE
    another user experiences this on win 10 for intel atom, although it's obviously another issue

Hi, thanks for your solution. It helped but just partialy. I'm running TS installed from Arch repo. When i'm running teamspeak from a console, using /usr/bin/teamspeak3 script (it's a copy of ts3client_runscript.sh), links are working.
    The problem is when i'm trying to run application using launcher. In this case, links are not working.
    I don't know why it happens. I have checked everything. I'm using bundled QT environment. In both situations i'm using same account. I cannot find any information about this error in teamspeak logs. Afer change configuration of launcher to run app in console it's working correctly. Do you have any idea what should i check in this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrumplex View Post
    Possible Workaround:

First of all obtain root:

Then we will have to move the kde-open5 binary to another place:

Now we will have to create a bash file which will start our default browser

And paste the text from the following hastebin:

https://hastebin.com/mumanusano.bash

If needed you can change your browser in the first line.

And chmod the file now:

KDE Links

I wasn't able to fix this in any way, so i created this workaround.
    It's a wrapper that will open all links in firefox (it overwrites default system configuration, use with care)
    You have to rename existing kde-open5 binary from /usr/bin/ to kde-open55 and then create a script called kde-open5 with following code:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    BROWSER="firefox"
    if [[ [email protected] == "http://"* ]] || [[ [email protected] == "https://"* ]]; then
            $BROWSER [email protected]
    else
            kde-open55 [email protected]
    fi
    Last edited by Witek094; March 23rd, 2018 at 07:50 PM.

OP here. I saw, that the original workaround I posted is not available anymore. Since then I already created an AUR Package. The Arch users here can easily just install it from here: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/t...3-kde-wrapper/

Bug still persists.. this has been working before

At least on my system (XUbuntu 18.04, i.e. running XFCE) the problem is that TS3 sets the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and this path is used by xdg-open (which it calls) => exo-open => firefox - and Firefox doesn't work with the libstdc++ TS3 ships (and enforces via LD_LIBRARY_PATH).

A workaround that works for me is to remove/rename the libstdc++ shipped with TS3 - which shouldn't cause any problems because my system libstdc++ is newer and backwards compatible.

As a proper fix TS3 could maybe set rpath $ORIGIN in the executable instead of using LD_LIBRARY_PATH - the rpath shouldn't be inherited by sub-processes.
    Another possibility would be to put libstdc++ and libgcc in a different directory and only add that one to LD_LIBRARY_PATH if the versions of those libs on the system is older than the shipped ones. I found an article on how to create a wrapper (in C) that does this: https://blog.gibson.sh/2017/11/26/cr...inux-binaries/
    But probably the best solution in this case would be rpath $ORIGIN

Will there ever be a fix for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrumplex View Post
    OP here. I saw, that the original workaround I posted is not available anymore. Since then I already created an AUR Package. The Arch users here can easily just install it from here: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/t...3-kde-wrapper/
    Thanks for the AUR package I'm now using it and it works great.

Thread Information