Forum

Our DDoS Protection has been blocked

Good day,

Our IP addresses for our DDoS Protection have been blocked. Currently, more than 300 servers are affected. In my opinion, these were unjustly blocked because we provide only the DDoS Protection. We also do not host TeamSpeak│ servers.

Background:

We offer a TSDNS based on SRV-Records under the domain .ts.io. Furthermore, we offer the option for each domain to switch a DDoS protection before the host, which has the background that small hosters (which, for example, host the server at home) are protected from DDoS attacks. (The system is similar to CloudFlare, (for example, they protect your website, teamspeak.com))

The problem:

Now our DDoS Protection has been blocked. Unfortunately, I can not determine why this happened. (I think someone has reported a non-licensed server, but with our IP address, behind this address is a DDoS protection, which filters the traffic and sends it to the original host)

Solution:

Unfortunately, we can not tell which server is behind the DDoS Protection (whether it is licensed or not). If you can provide a possibility so that we can check this server (Blacklist, REST API etc.). Then we would be very grateful. Then we can ban non-licensed servers directly from our service. We would be very pleased if our IP is again unlocked, which currently generates only costs (server idle).

Once again the principle as our DDoS Protection works:

ClientA (1.1.1.1) <-> DDoS-ProtectionA (2.2.2.2) <-> HostA (3.3.3.3) (Licensed)
    ClientB (1.1.1.2) <-> DDoS-ProtectionA (2.2.2.2) <-> HostB (4.4.4.4) (Non-Licensed)
    ClientC (1.1.1.3) <-> DDoS-ProtectionA (2.2.2.2) <-> HostC (5.5.5.5) (Licensed)

ClientD (1.1.1.4) <-> DDoS-ProtectionB (2.2.2.3) <-> HostA (3.3.3.3) (Licensed)
    ClientE (1.1.1.5) <-> DDoS-ProtectionB (2.2.2.3) <-> HostA (3.3.3.3) (Licensed)

Now IP 2.2.2.2 has been blocked, which means that clients A, B & C can no longer reach the HostA, HostB or HostC servers. Just because a misunderstanding blocked the wrong IP (2.2.2.2) instead of 4.4.4.4.

-

Is that normal? And how can we solve this situation?

Greetings
    RenÚ
    Preu▀.IO GbR - CTO
    TS.io - Administration

You probably need an agreement or even a contract with Teamspeak to prevent being blacklisted by Teamspeak. Without agreement, Teamspeak sees an invalid license and bans the IP. They must do this even if it part of your service, because if they do not, every Teamspeak operator with an invalid license would be able to hide behind your service and will not be banned.

The contract you should seek with Teamspeak is that you guarantee that you will ban any ip from your service if Teamspeak requests it, and that you will do this in a timely manner. In return Teamspeak guarantees that they will delegate banning the IP to you and not ban the IP ranges of your service. I don't know, if Teamspeak will agree to this - ask their licence or legal department. The forum is not the correct place for this.

@Schlumpi Thank you for the information.

I have been a ticket at TeamSpeak for weeks but I do not get an answer. That is why I posted my request in the forum.

Greetings
    RenÚ

You should get a reply soon in your ticket.
    Thank you for your patience
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I┤m waiting since 5. August for an answer on my ticket

Thread Information