Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Server crash File Permissions for "Files" when deleting channels

Hello,

I came across a weird bug today that produced no errors and just crashed the server. First off, the server is a MySQL (Maria) backed server running 3.0.13.6.

In the "files/virtualserver_1/" directory, some of the channels were owned by root. This was due to a migration that happened and I must have missed these file permission changes previously (only a few channels, not all, which it why it wasn't caught).

The bug happened when I attempted to delete one of the channels, which resulted in a server crash with no output at all in the error log on the server. I can only assume some file permission checking is missing from the deletion that is causing this.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Can reproduce this, thanks for the report.
    We will look into this, though it's not really a supported scenario since the server is expected to be able to have full access to its own files. Nevertheless a crash isn't nice.

There are some errors logged in the server instance log (_0.log) in my case though.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

This will be fixed with the next server version.
    The channel will be deleted but files will be left behind on disk (obviously) and errors will be logged.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information